Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutter Count - 7D

Okay, I give in! Please help :)

Having spent a chunk of time scouring the web does anyone know how to find the shutter count of a 7D?

Kind regards

Graydon
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: Shutter Count - 7D

Have a look at this it works on my 50D

EOSInfo is a simple utility that presents useful information about your Canon EOS DSLR. To use EOSInfo, your EOS DSLR camera must be connected via USB cable and powered on. The data presented depends on the model of your camera - not all items are available for all EOS models.

EOSInfo evolved from the wildly popular 40DShutterCount utility - the name change reflects the wider applicability and expanded information presented. Future enhancements planned for EOSInfo include: one-button syncing of date/time with the PC, the ability to edit the owner name, copyright, and artist fields (including special characters), and the ability to check against an online server to verify that the firmware is up-to-date.

EOSInfo was written by David Polivka: david@astrojargon.net. This utility is freeware, and is provided at no cost at http://astrojargon.net. However, if you find it useful, please consider making a small donation via PayPal to the above e-mail address.

Comment

Eosinfo does not work on 7Ds. I believe there is a method, but it involves a Linux machine.
      Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
        Eosinfo does not work on 7Ds. I believe there is a method, but it involves a Linux machine.
        Correct

Comment

Someone once told me it was obfuscated in one of those strange 'vendor' fields in the EXIF. Never checked the claim but it may be a pointer ... who knows?

Comment

Have you tried gphoto2 ?? May be worth a look and its free. Try a google search for the best download address.

Gelert

Comment

Thanks guys,

The write-up says that gphoto is compatible with the 7D but it is also unix.

I should have said I am looking for something windows based - I'm running Windows 7
              Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
              EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Working...
              X