Photo sharing/hosting? Not Flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo sharing/hosting? Not Flickr

Having completely given up on Flickr, being unable to log in for over a week, with little or no help from flickr or yahoo I am looking for another site to host my photos and to use to share on forums such as this. Used photo bucket for years but the image quality is terrible.

Have just opened an account on 500px which looks great, have posted a few photos to it, however I cannot find anyway to post/share photos from it, lots of searches indicate that the embed link does it, but not for me, and certainly not on here, its just a load of text that does nothing.

Anyone had any success with posting pics from 500px? if so how?

Can anyone recommend any other sites similar to 500px or flickr?
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: Photo sharing/hosting? Not Flickr

Why not use your website?- that is what I do
    ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
      Why not use your website?- that is what I do
      Cheers. How do I post photos so they appear in the thread and not just as a link to my site?

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Yes you can post from 500px we had a discussion about this a couple of weeks ago. It is not quite as easy as with some other sites but once you do it a couple of times it is not difficult.

In 500px choose the image that you want, then click the embed link on the right side. Don't cut the entire code that is shown cut just the url after img src=" and then paste that into your message here in the usual way.
        --
        Colin
        http://fotos-espana.com
        http://macameraclub.com
        http://turnspain.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Swoosh View Post
          Cheers. How do I post photos so they appear in the thread and not just as a link to my site?
          You use the insert image control

To get:

Last edited by briansquibb; 26-02-2012, 07:59.
          ef-r

Comment

Thanks for the help and advice guys. Nothing working for me though.

From my own web site it just posts a small icon with a question mark in it. As below.

This site won't let me post from 500px I get the message below.

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
            Last edited by secondintime; 26-02-2012, 10:42.

Comment

Anyone suggest another site? just tried picasa from google and you can't post individual photos from there either just links to the site. This is driving me mad, please don't tell me only flickr offer the ability to post your photos to web sites?

Comment

The question mark means I suspect you are not pointing to a jpg file

Reply with the url from your website in quotes
                ef-r

Comment

This is the url from the photo, no reference to a jpg,

"http://www.secondintime.co.uk/Pgweb/My_Albums/Pages/1._Animals_and_Wildlife.html#8"

Comment

Its ok, sussed it using 500px.

Comment

500px is the best I have found for publishing here so glad you have made it work

Comment

Working...
                      X