How to post a full-size image direct from your pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to post a full-size image direct from your pc

Create a post and write your text. Click the Insert Image icon in the toolbar above the text, and select Insert Image from Computer. Browse to select your image and press "Upload File(s)"
    This gives you the thumbnail image. Post your post.

Now click Edit post and select Go Advanced. Scroll down the page until you see the Manage Attachments button. Press it and in the window that opens look for Current Attachments where you'll see your thumbnail image's name - example.jpg. Right Click on your image's name and select Copy Link Location.

Now go back into your text and place cursor where picture to go. You can delete the thumbnail instruction (below) as it's placed right where you want your full-size image to go.

Click the Insert Image icon again but this time paste in the link into From URL and save. Make sure you uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" tick-box.

Ok it and Save your post. That gets you the thumbnail AND the full-size image posted into your post, just as in this thread you're reading.
    Thumbnails are in a grey box at the bottom of the thread, but your full-size images are posted as you can see.
    Last edited by NickM; 20-05-2013, 18:12.
    I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Re: How to post a full-size image direct from your pc

I think it is easier to click on the thumbnail!

However, I have made some changes to vbulletin settings which should mean that thumbnails are a thing of the past. Use the 'Insert image' icon from the 'Quick reply' box and the photo should now fill the post area.

Let me know if not.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Re: How to post a full-size image direct from your pc

Yes, that works perfectly.
      Much better.
      I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
      X