Swan in flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swan in flight

I had a practice run at getting some BIF shots this morning with very low expectations. Not just because of my own limitations but I only had a 200mm + the 1.4x in reach and they were a long way off. But when I got home and cropped it I was pleasantly surprised. This 70-200 lens really is awesome.

Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Re: Swan in flight

And this one...

Comment

Nothing wrong with those especially the second one

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

These are good, with plenty of detail, like Stan, the second is my pick.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Very good set, well done.

Tom

Comment

Thanks guys. Like I said I was quite pleased considering the massive cropping. But this leads me to a question... if this were taken on a FF, say a 5D3, with the same lens how did you think it would compare? I'm not sure if it would be worse due to having less reach or better due to more pixels. Or maybe they would offset each other? Am just interested to know if a FF is doable without also having to buy a 300 4L.

Comment

Both look very good to me especially the 2nd, really good action catch.

Regards Paul

Comment

Both good images but #2 is my choice
                Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Agree with above comments ,nice Bifs with detail.no2 my fav
                  www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherblue www.johncaswellwildlifephotography.com

Canon 5Dmk4 ,Canon 7D mk11,Canon 7D,Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L is 11 USM . Canon100mm f2.8 Macro ,Canon 24-105 F4, 1.4 x111 ext

Comment

Both excellent, I'd be really happy with them. Definitely working as a great lens combo.
                    As others, no 2 is my favourite; great detail with the water drops and the splaying wing-tip feathers, plus slightly better lit. If I was being hyper-critical I'd suggest removing/toning down the dark patch (another bird behind?) by the head of no 1.
                    Canon EOS 7D
                    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks everyone. I agree about the black blob on 1 and hadn't noticed at the time. I got quite a lot of shots in the set as I had it on high speed shooting so I may well have better than these. I was just being a bit lazy (well probably just too busy more like) so wanted to post something quick just because i was so surprised at the lens' capability.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my question above re using this lens and 1.4x on a FF?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                        Nothing wrong with those especially the second one

Stan
                        I would agree with Stan...good lite through the wings.

Comment

Hi Lee - excellent shots - I like both. Regards John

Comment

Working...
                          X