Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 503 service temp available

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
    I also tried that by posting an image to this thread when I was having all my troubles yesterday but got the same error.
    Have just posted successfully this morning, though, so maybe it's better for me, for now...
    PS. Don't go, Chris, stick with it; I'd miss your great images too.
    yeah noticed your images going up - maybe the forum is bug clear for now!!
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

The next time anyone encounters a 503 error, please email me with the date and time. I need as many occurrences as possible to check the server logs to see if there is any common connection.

Thanks.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Would upgrading the forum software / php version make any difference?
        Greg Smith
        EOS 600D plus various lenses and filters
        My Picasa Albums
        My flickr Albums

Comment

Originally posted by gregsmith View Post
          Would upgrading the forum software / php version make any difference?
          It did not make a difference when we last upgraded the forum software. A minor upgrade is available, but I am waiting for feedback on this from other forum users. Upgrades can sometimes create more problems than they solve!

The php software is server-based and we do not have any control over this.

I have an IT expert looking into the problem at the moment. Because the 503 error appears to be local - that is, it does not affect everyone at the same time - it might be down to a changing Broadband speed. At the EOS magazine offices, for example, everything slows down on Friday afternoons.

Is the 503 error being experienced by anyone with a fibreoptic Broadband connection? Your feedback would be very useful.
          Robert
          robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I don't think its user end connection issue - I'm in Spain and defiantly not fibreoptic, more like string and a can!

I thought VB was up to release v5.2 ?

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

I have high-speed fibre optic broadband and I experienced it.
              Greg Smith
              EOS 600D plus various lenses and filters
              My Picasa Albums
              My flickr Albums

Comment

Originally posted by gregsmith View Post
                I have high-speed fibre optic broadband and I experienced it.
                Same as Greg although I've not experienced many issues of late, but then not posted that many images either
                Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

I'm still on copper and have experienced 503.
                  Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
                  EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Thanks for the feedback about copper and fibre optic connections. I'll pass this on the the IT guy.

vBulletin version 5.1.8 was released on 16 July 2015. However, reviews of vBulletin 5.x have not been entirely positive and I am reluctant to move from vBulletin 4.x at the moment. I am sure that updates will resolve some of the issues and I will keep a watching brief on this.
                    Robert
                    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I would have thought upgrading would resolve the issue, can you not set up a test forum running VB5 least that way you can ensure it runs fine before migrating it over to the main forum

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                        vBulletin version 5.1.8 was released on 16 July 2015. However, reviews of vBulletin 5.x have not been entirely positive and I am reluctant to move from vBulletin 4.x at the moment. I am sure that updates will resolve some of the issues and I will keep a watching brief on this.
                        I know nothing about software or databases, but having put 'vbulletin 5 problems' into Google I can see your reluctance to change to it. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, I guess, unless there is an easy alternative out there.
                        Canon EOS 7D
                        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

The balance of probabilities suggests that it might be a server issue, rather than vBulletin, which is the cause of the 503 error messages. A possible solution is to disable an anti-spam filter which might be inadvertently blocking some posts. I have just disabled the filter and will watch carefully for any unwanted effects.

In the meantime please let me know immediately if you encounter a 503 error after the date and time of this message.

Thanks.
                          Robert
                          robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I've not had the error for a while and have just posted an image - lets hope this is a fix

Comment

lets hope this is a fix
                              I have had no problems for a few days but to be fair when it did happen over the period of two days, it was the first time in quite a while

Stan
                              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X