Flying Scotsman at Rawtenstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying Scotsman at Rawtenstall

Managed to get down to the East Lancs Railway today to see the Flying Scotsman. The light wasn't bad, but it was very cold!
    Attached Files
    John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Re: Flying Scotsman at Rawtenstall

Nice shot of a fab subject, hope it keeps the German style smoke deflectors and double chimney, that's how I remember it from the 1960's on the east coast mainline.
    Last edited by tigerburnie; 10-01-2016, 15:31.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Nice to see the old engines. Looks a bit soft which always happens when you upload to this forum direct from your computer - lost count of the number of times that I and others recommend you upload via flickr if you want to retain the quality from your hard drive

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Nice to see the old engines. Looks a bit soft which always happens when you upload to this forum direct from your computer - lost count of the number of times that I and others recommend you upload via flickr if you want to retain the quality from your hard drive

Stan
        Never got the hang of using flickr Stan, and the problems with it people on here comment on puts me off trying. I suppose I will have to get round to it at some point.
        John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Stan
          I'm work Stan, it's a nice image but the direct upload is maybe not presenting it to its best.
          Andy

Comment

Never got the hang of using flickr Stan, and the problems with it people on here comment on puts me off trying. I suppose I will have to get round to it at some point.
            there are occasional problems with flickr and maybe overall 1 or 2 % don't display in accord with expectations with is a little different to close on 100% not up to scratch with the direct upload

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

A great sight well captured.

Bill.
              7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Well framed image.

Tom

Comment

Great to see it running again, never saw it for real with the smoke deflectors I prefer the A3 without

Alan

Comment

Stan
                    Agree, its a shame when people use direct uploads as the images never look good and its hard to say if its due to direct upload or the photo itself, so reviews can be a bit lame ...Give Flickr a chance its really easy to use and will show us the photo as per you processed it ....hopefully great ;o)
                    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Alan_H View Post
                      Great to see it running again, never saw it for real with the smoke deflectors I prefer the A3 without

Alan
                      It's a mixture for me, my parents house backed onto the old Great Central line, so the A3's on there in the '50's were without the deflectors, but when I went to the East Coast mainline they mostly had them and this engine always had them when I first saw it, an age thing I guess.
                      Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

I only saw them in the 50s when we had family days out, fishing for my dad and watching the trains for me at Offord Cluny, then as I remember they did not have the deflectors but in the 90s (I think) the Flying Scotsman came through Kettering on a steam charter and that was the first time that I knew that they where fitted

Alan

Comment

Nice photo well done.

The Scotsman is touring the UK this year!

Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

When this was taken it was painted in wartime austerity black. At some point in the summer it will be re-painted in BR green, hopefully before it starts its UK tour.
                            John

Comment

A memorable and much loved Engine. Thanks for sharing.
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                              X