DPP and Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP and Windows 8.1

I have received the following query from an EOS magazine subscriber. I am using Windows 10 on my PC and cannot replicate the problem. Does anyone have suitable advice or information?

----------

I use a PC with Widows 8.1 and I've been using DPP V3 (and PSE) for some years without problems, however since downloading DPP V4 (3.31.0) I have had a problem re-naming files & folders and/or moving them.

When I try to re-name newly downloaded files or move them between my unedited and edited folders the message "FOLDER IN USE - the action cannot be completed because the folder or a file in it is in use in another program" appears and prevents ANY changes (for up to 2 minutes). After this delay changes can then be completed. This happens every time I try to do anything, even though no programs are open.

There is obviously a program monitoring new files/folders running in the background and as DPP V4 is the latest program on my laptop it may be that this is where the problem lies. However I cannot see anything in PREFERENCES-GENERAL SETTINGS relating to folder monitoring.

I don't want to uninstall V4 just to verify this so would really appreciate your opinion. Any help gratefully received !!

----------
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Re: DPP and Windows 8.1

Can't really help as i don't have windows 8.1 though i have uploaded images in DPP v4 saved and moved to different folders and all worked as it should but I am using windows 10 (upgraded from windows7) and running an i5 core processor.

ps -though i have DPP 4 loaded i don't like its layout and still use v3 which flows perfect for me.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Re: DPP and Windows 8.1

This isn't solely a DPP issue, it is a Windows lock manager issue, one that has plagued me for years. Typically I find that, for instance, if I've opened a file with a folder in Photoshop, even if that file is now closed, the folder is considered locked by Windows until such time as I either close Photoshop or open a file in a different folder, transferring the "locked" status. It's a pain, but there's no real fix that I'm aware of.
      See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Comment

Working...
      X