Couple of test shots.

night sky1 by R MAURINS, on Flickr
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Re: Couple of test shots.

night sky2 by R MAURINS, on Flickr

Comment

Hi Tigerburnie- I note your comment on the 1st image on Flickr - I think you are right - 20 seconds is at the upper limit to avoid star trails at 24mm focal length (500 divided by 24 gives ~ 20 seconds)
      Last edited by John Liddle; 11-02-2016, 21:41. Reason: To correct an idiot typo!
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thanks John, first time trying this and manual focussing was something different when I was struggling to see the target.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
          Thanks John, first time trying this and manual focussing was something different when I was struggling to see the target.
          Nice shots with 20secs about right.

One way to get focus on the stars is to use live view on a bright star and then magnify right in and then manually adjust the focus, still not perfect but it might help a little.

Paul
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Cheers Paul, I think the Birch adds a wee bit to that one, might try to get something to lead us up, maybe in the local forest if I don't get eaten by the Wild Cats.

Comment

Working...
            X