Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capture One Pro. Any thoughts?

Hi there Folks.

I primarily used Aperture for all my Raw processing this has know been discontinued. I'm currently looking at different options.
    To edit images I mainly use a RAW processor I hardly use Photoshop anymore. I'm currently looking at Lightroom and Capture One Pro (edging towards Capture One) as I don't fancy paying monthly instalments.
    Any Image editing I will do will be done in Affinity Photo.

Dom

Re: Capture One Pro. Any thoughts?

Adobe camera raw is in Photoshop which is the same as Lightroom

Alan

Comment

just a in case question here ,i also use aperture as my main photo storage facility ,although i p/p with ps6 and nik-efex .apeture in that respect is up and running .
      however i,m not sure whether aperture will be able to read the raw files from the 80d which should arrive this week .if not any ideas where i can just file my files in case i have to ,never used DPP so not sure what that entails or indeed has as part of it

Comment

Jeff, I have been on the Adobe web site and for the 80D you will need Adobe camera raw v 9.5 but this will not run in CS6 so either DPP or convert to DNG

Alan

Comment

thanks alan ,just spotted this reply .after a bit of in house conflab it turned out the sons live in g/f had a spare lightroom/photoshop CC that i could use ,all set up and been running nicely for a couple of weeks ,seamless move up really as i was running a old copy of p.s 6 anyway .probably a good thing all round to keep pace with the advancing world

Comment

Working...
          X