Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring Images from Canon 1100d to iPad

Good morning folks 😀

I'd like to transfer my images onto my iPad. My 1100d LCD screen doesn't allow me to judge the image quality
    to be able to reshoot on location.
    Also, I'd like to quicken access to the images for subsequent photoprocessing using iPad software.

Is it best to take a chance with the EyeFi SD card, about which I've read some negative reviews? Or purchase
    the wired connectors to make a hardware link between camera and iPad, please?

Thank you in anticipation of any help and comments 👍

Re: Transferring Images from Canon 1100d to iPad

Personally I'd go for the camera kit as I've used one and it works well. Note though that you have to load he photos onto the iPad to view them, or at least you had to when I did it a while back.
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

I don't know the answer ricardo but welcome to the forum :smile:

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Transferring Images from Canon 1100d to iPad

I have an Apple connection kit that enables me to insert an SD card in it, the card connector plugs in to the lightening connector on the iPad. To use this arrangement I set the camera to save jpg files on the SD card and RAW on to the CF card in the camera.
        I only use this arrangement when away from home to enable me to check the jpg files on the iPad screen. The RAW files are then downloaded to my editing PC on my return home.
        However if I'm at home and want to put images on the iPad I use my Dropbox account and copy those images to Dropbox on my editing PC to synchronise with Dropbox on the iPad

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks for the welcome John

Comment

Cheers Andy.

Could you post a link to the kit you've got please?

Comment

Thanks Peter

Could you post a link to the kit you've got please?

Also, are there other ways to get a better on-location view/ examination of image quality from the LCD screen?

Comment

The one I have seems to have been updated I couldn't find my version on the Apple UK store but I did find it on the Apple.Com store which is in the following link.
                LINK

Here is what looks to be an updated version of what I have. The one in this link has been updated to allow the connection of a camera and also hubs etc (USB3) It also can cope with RAW as well as jpg file formats, where my version only has the ability to connect and SD card
                LINK

Last edited by ST-EOS; 02-05-2016, 19:20. Reason: smelling correction
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks Peter����

Comment

Buy an android and tether! Works for me between my 500d and Galaxy Tab3. I then use Helicon or DSLR controller apps. Works a charm, and has all the functionality to operate the camera remotely. An adaptor cable is required, but they are cheap from Amazon.

Welcome by the way,

Garry
                    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

�� Garry. Android? Is that some sot of Dr Who creature? Seriously though, I'm an old codger and am lost with the
                      terms you used. Can you provide more info, links, etc, please?

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo1 View Post
                        �� Garry. Android? Is that some sot of Dr Who creature? Seriously though, I'm an old codger and am lost with the
                        terms you used. Can you provide more info, links, etc, please?
                        Sorry! You have an iPad. The alternative is a tablet, which runs an operating system called Android, developed by google, for use on new fangled smart phones. It was googles answer to the market domination of apple.

Tethering is when you remotely control your camera via a laptop, tablet or phone. This can be done via cable or wifi, should your camera have wifi (which the 1100d does not, so cable is the option) See pic below (sorry about the camera in the picture)

Tethered Camera.jpg

This is a link to an app that can be used to control your eos camera, which you would install on the android tablet. It is also available on the itunes store I believe. There are others. I use this one called Helicon Remote

The main issue for you with a iPad, is that apple don't like you to be able to connect anything to their ipads or iphones. So, other than speakers, there are no cables (as far as I am aware) available to connect cameras. There are reasons for this, but I'm not sure of any good ones!

I hope this goes a little way to explaining what I was talking about. I am no expert in this stuff, I just know what I've read through some research. If you want any more info, let me know. If I can help, I will, if not, I'm sure someone else will be able to!

Thanks,

Garry
                        Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                        Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Brilliant thanks Garry. No need to apologise though. Your explanation is v clear and the I'll consider this option
                          before investing. Great Forum, helpful folk ����

Comment

Working...
                          X