Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Camera Connect App Problems

Help
    I have been using the EOS Remote app with my M3 for some time without any problems then when I opened it the other day a box came up saying I should now be using the camera connect app instead. But when I try to use this app it just wont connect to my camera why does the old app work and the new one not, any ideas would be most welcome.

Re: Canon Camera Connect App Problems

I use it with my iPhone. The 1st you need to do is to select a picture on the M3 and then press the wifi button on the back of the M3. Then you need to go to your phone or iPad and select the SSID as your wifi for the phone. Then you open the app and it should then find the camera and connect.

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,
      Yes that's how I use it with the EOS Remote App no problem but when I try to use it with the Canon camera connect App the App shows the SSID of the camera but wont connect just says restart camera which I do but still no joy. I am off to Canon HQ in Reigate on Monday I will get one of their Tec guys to have a look.

Comment

why is this software so poor ?? the old EOS Remote app worked perfectly but this new one is quite simply atrocious and a bag of S**t. Does anyone use an alternative for Wifi shooting, I have a 70d and it is doing my head in.
        EOS 650D & EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC US, Tamron 28-105mm F/4-5.6, Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II

Comment

Mystery solver due to Japanese English when it says reset camera it really means reset Wi-Fi connection. The camera locks the SSID to which ever app is started first in my case because I was using EOS Remote first this was lock into the camera to use Canon camera connect I needed to reset the WI-FI and generate a new SSID and start Canon camera connect this locks the camera to use camera connect and then wont use EOS Remote anymore. Thanks to Iain the Tec guy at Canon HQ who went through it with me today now all working OK.

Comment

Hi, I've got a brand new 760D and have tried connecting to the app. It just won't work! All I get are the options for Live View, settings GPS etc and pictures on camera. Cam someone help me please. PS I'm a new member on here, so still trying to find my way around everything. So if this is not the correct place for this question, can I be pointed in the right fight direction. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Tony,

Welcome to the forums, I would start a new thread and put help at the beginning. People will see it as a new subject and read it, as the originators problem had been sorted they may well ignore this thread. Have you been onto Canons website and downloaded the latest versions of the software?
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks for that. I've just found out how to start a new thread and have posted my problem.

No I've not been onto the Canon website, I have just obtained it via the Google Play store.

Comment

Working...
                X