X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capesthorne Hall, Cheshire

Capesthorne by Stephen Thompson, on Flickr

Capesthorne Hall in Cheshire.

A very popular wedding venue … but Capesthorne Hall also has a military assault course.

I was roped-in to photograph a group of friends who tackled the assault course to raise funds for charity.

Study the pic carefully and you will realise that you’re looking at two buildings. The building on the left finishes at the two towers, and there’s a gap before the second building.

Despite the overcase sky, the sun is shining brightly from the left and highlighting the side of the second building.

Almost HDR-like, I’ve done nothing to this image except add a little sharpening. This is an image that proves one thing … there’s no substitute for being in the right place at the right time!

Oh … and here’s what my friends were getting up to:

BUCKS_0307 by Stephen Thompson, on Flickr

Re: Capesthorne Hall, Cheshire

that sky really ads drama to it - well done
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Well taken, both images

Tom

Comment

Oops! Still struggling with the sharpening! (sorry).

Comment

I like the guys on the assault course but not sure about the hall. Although well processed, rather than just seeing half of one and half of the other, I would prefer to see the whole building and perhaps some of the grounds in the frame
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Nice shots. Yes, I can see that there are two buildings. I note that your friends are "older" than you!!
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi people, a couple of things …

Stan:

The pink items at the right edge of the frame are personal belongings of people who are having a picnic. Also, just behind them is a banner proclaiming that the cafe is open. To the left of frame the building is obscured by trees. I decided crop those features. I was more interested in the mood of the shot.

The grounds are essentially behind the wall. All that is behind me are acres of long grass. The gravel road in the foreground is the access road.

Nathaniel:

Age is a number, but you are right, my friends are of a slightly less mature age group. I’ve updated my avatar - well and truly caught out there - darn!!

Comment

Working...
              X