Flickr "Bonk!" upload problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr "Bonk!" upload problems?

I've finally completed processing my recent Scotland photos leaving a mere five to upload to Flickr before sending a link to the friend I travelled with. Flickr, however, has other ideas and has been greeting my upload attempts with:

"Bonk! Errors must be fixed before you can continue." and that the file has timed out.

Googling this shows people have experienced the problem many times over a number of years and some advice has been to use the 'Old Uploader' but even that doesn't work for me returning, as it does, error message: "There was a problem with your upload: The image processing daemon could not be started". The best thought I can come up with is that the servers are being temporarily overloaded but I'd have expected Yahoo to have enough bandwidth to accommodate any foreseeable demand. Well, they damn well ought to!

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Cheers,
    John

Re: Flickr "Bonk!" upload problems?

I've never used any of the plugins or LR to upload images, I upload directly from iphoto - if your a Mac user you could try that
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I'm currently having the same problem as John.

Flickr having an off -day?

Bob
      Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

be interesting to run a iphoto test - let me track an image down for a test

edit - clearly a problem doesn't recognise jpeg file type - yep they have a problem
        Last edited by Tigger; 30-05-2016, 17:06.
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I don't upload from LR just drag and drop (or browse with the 'Old Uploader') but... Ye Haw!, as Flickr is want to say, the digital Senokot has seemingly worked its magic and all is back to normal

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Working...
          X