X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hungry for Herring?...

Feed Me Now
    by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr

In truth it's probably not a herring - the fish that is...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Re: Hungry for Herring?...

Tom

Comment

another thats turned ....oh what is this forum turning into

nice birdie shot
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Well caught Nigel. I like these sort of pics a wee bit better than the straightforward shots. I call it as "nature in action"!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post

Tom
          Thanks Tom.

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
          another thats turned ....oh what is this forum turning into

nice birdie shot
          Fear not Ian, I lack the patience and hardiness to become a real birder. If it comes in range fine but otherwise unless I can do it in comfort it don't happen...

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
          Well caught Nigel. I like these sort of pics a wee bit better than the straightforward shots. I call it as "nature in action"!
          Thanks Nat.

While I was definitely being watched nothing, not even a fancy lens, was going to come between him and his fish...
          Nigel

Comment

Nice and sharp with good DoF but, living at the seaside as I do, I hate these things with a passion although it is nice to see one eating something other than chips or ice-cream.

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post

Fear not Ian, I lack the patience and hardiness to become a real birder. If it comes in range fine but otherwise unless I can do it in comfort it don't happen...
              Perhaps focus on the dead fish genre as you seem to have nailed that one
              Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                Nice and sharp with good DoF but, living at the seaside as I do, I hate these things with a passion although it is nice to see one eating something other than chips or ice-cream.

Cheers,
                John
                Having been down your way on the odd occasion I can understand that...

Don't seem to have the same problems round our way - they're probably too depressed about being stuck on the Bognor beat...

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                Perhaps focus on the dead fish genre as you seem to have nailed that one
                Don't have to nail 'em, the stay where they're put and are most co-operative - if a bit stinky...
                Nigel

Comment

[QUOTE=El Sid;337041

Don't have to nail 'em, the stay where they're put and are most co-operative - if a bit stinky...[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha
                  Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Working...
                  X