X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EOS 5D IV spec

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
    should certinally please the sports togs
    And possibly challenge the 1Dx... Canon will try to differentiate the two cameras so some of that spec may not transpire.
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
      And possibly challenge the 1Dx... Canon will try to differentiate the two cameras so some of that spec may not transpire.
      thats what doesn't make sense the line between the 1Dx & 5DmkIV is getting very fine, other than price - I'm surprised they have increased the burst rate, or maybe, to be very similar, but is a heck of a lot cheaper, it doesn't seem like a very good business move, thats assume the "leaked" information is correct
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I'm surprised they have increased the burst rate, or maybe, to be very similar, but is a heck of a lot cheaper, it doesn't seem like a very good business move, thats assume the "leaked" information is correct
        Ah, but 16fps to 9fps is not really similar, professionally speaking of course.........

......but the 9fps of the 5D4 opposed to the 10fps of the 7D2 very much is - making a 5D4 much more suitable for action/wildlife

Time will tell
        Regards
        Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
        7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
        24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Man View Post
          Ah, but 16fps to 9fps is not really similar, professionally speaking of course.........

......but the 9fps of the 5D4 opposed to the 10fps of the 7D2 very much is - making a 5D4 much more suitable for action/wildlife

Time will tell
          arrrh sorry I thought the 1Dx was 12fps - yes thats still quite a difference

as you say time will tell

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

I do wish with this camera they would split it as with the 5Ds/r as I've never turned the video on in 3 yrs on my camera and have zero interest - its just annoying to buy a camera that had so many good video features that will never get used - if people want video, buy a bloody video camera LOL
            There are physical differences between the EOS 5Ds and 5DS R. The first uses a low-pass filter in front of the camera's sensor to prevent digital artefacts, such as moire patterns and false colour. The second uses a low-pass cancellation filter to produce the sharpest possible performance, but at the expense of possible artefacts appearing.

Video in DSLR cameras is essentially a software/firmware function. Removing this is unlikely to have much effect on the price of the camera.

The advantage of video on a DSLR camera is a larger sensor than is found in most dedicated video cameras of similar price.

It always seems to be still photographers who complain about video on DSLR cameras. I have yet to see any complaints from DSLR video photographers complaining about all the still photography functions on the cameras.
            Robert
            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I couldn't agree more, Robert. I'm a music photographer and don't see myself as a videographer. However, every band that I've worked with or been approached by want video too. It's opened so many doors by being able to do the odd interview, behind the scenes footage and even a music video! Massive learning curve but so worth it!

Without this "added feature" on my Canon DSLR's I'd have missed being on some amazing tours, meeting of my heroes and, of course, some amazing photo opportunities!

Thank you Canon!
              Steven Christie Photographer, Music Photography, north east music photography
              www.darklightdevice.com

Comment

Does anyone know why the new version would lose the lowest ISO setting? The mark 3 went down to 50. Is there not much demand for it, or is there a technical reason it can't be included?

Comment

Originally posted by VixTD View Post
                  Does anyone know why the new version would lose the lowest ISO setting? The mark 3 went down to 50. Is there not much demand for it, or is there a technical reason it can't be included?
                  As these are only "rumoured" specs, iso 50 may very well be included in the final build.
                  Regards
                  Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
                  24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Man View Post

Time will tell
                    arrrh sorry I thought the 1Dx was 12fps - yes thats still quite a difference

as you say time will tell
                    Sorry Tigger, my bad - you were referring to the original 1Dx, which is 12fps (or 14 in live view) - it's the 1Dx II that's 16fps.

Regards
                    Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //

Comment

we now have fresh rumors that the new camera is going to be 30mg apparently from a “retail source”

Comment

we now have fresh rumors that the new camera is going to be 30mg apparently from a “retail source”
                        Wow! That's a lot less than the weight of an SD card.
                        Robert
                        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Dohhh

Comment

I was in London Camera Exchange exactly a month ago and asked the staff about the "new" 6d and 5d mk IV. They told me the Canon rep had been in that week and would give them no info at all.

They suspect any new models are much further away than we might like to think they should be!
                            Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

makes you wonder the inside sources that CR "apparently" get information from, or are they just as I suspect a lot of the time just generating click bait

Comment

There's a Photokina this year - traditionally there's often a flurry of release activity shortly beforehand so if there are any new Canons coming I suspect press releases will start to appear around the last week of this month...
                                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                                X