EOS 5D IV spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EOS 5D IV spec

i think your possibly dismissing this over one feature that may or may not be useful ,everything else bar this after-shot focus will work in lightroom and p/s once the codex is released .
    the price might take a tumble as well judging past experience with cameras and lenses ,let some other mug iron out all the bugs and fixes first ,6 months to a year down the line is the time to buy

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
      i think your possibly dismissing this over one feature that may or may not be useful ,everything else bar this after-shot focus will work in lightroom and p/s once the codex is released .
      the price might take a tumble as well judging past experience with cameras and lenses ,let some other mug iron out all the bugs and fixes first ,6 months to a year down the line is the time to buy
      Sorry Jeff but please tell me where I'm dismissing this - I'm NOT and the only person that has said this is Robert - I have said on numerous occasions I'm "LOOKING" forward to seeing test images - just because I'm NOT impressed by Canon trying to force people to use there software, which indeed others have also said for some reason people are jumping all over me ....So I don't like dpp, I prefer Lightroom, does that mean I won't part with 3/4k for this camera NO...

I hope that is clear
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
        Sorry Jeff but please tell me where I'm dismissing this - I'm NOT and the only person that has said this is Robert - I have said on numerous occasions I'm "LOOKING" forward to seeing test images - just because I'm NOT impressed by Canon trying to force people to use there software, which indeed others have also said for some reason people are jumping all over me ....So I don't like dpp, I prefer Lightroom, does that mean I won't part with 3/4k for this camera NO...

I hope that is clear

See post #52

"I think you could say underwhelmed ... he brings up some great points and whilst I don't give a frig about video clearly Canon have failed with this and I can see anyone thinking of buying this as a stills / video won't be spending the money ..thankfully I don't have an interest

What is VERY annoying his that Canon is forcing togs to use DPP if they want to use Dual pixel Raw. I have no interest in DPP I use LR so another feature I won't be able to use ..FAIL"
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Its not unusual for new cameras to be launched before Lightroom compatibility...I don't think we should criticise Canon as they have provided a tool to use this new feature......it would have been nice if they could have worked with Adobe for LR compatibility from day 1 but its probably not feasible to work with a third party before launch. LR will catch up. Of course I don't need this feature because my focussing is always perfect!
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
            . Of course I don't need this feature because my focussing is always perfect!
            LOL agree Brian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Tony Northrup also dismisses the original 24-105 (which we all know is excellent) at the beginning of the video.....I like what he does but he does himself no favours in propagating such vacuous rhetoric....maybe its his American sense of humour that Im not getting?
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Tony Northrup also dismisses the original 24-105 (which we all know is excellent) at the beginning of the video.....I like what he does but he does himself no favours in propagating such vacuous rhetoric....maybe its his American sense of humour that Im not getting?
                agree again Brian the 24-105 is a stunning lens, it makes you wonder what the new one will bring

Comment

As someone who has both a lot of time for Tony Northrup and just bought a 24-105 thinking it was the automatic go-to lens for the FF walkabouter I was left somewhat confused by that.

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                    As someone who has both a lot of time for Tony Northrup and just bought a 24-105 thinking it was the automatic go-to lens for the FF walkabouter I was left somewhat confused by that.

Cheers,
                    John
                    I would say thats about right John - for some years the 24-105 has been my walkabout for 5D, and indeed its sold as a kit, so I would say he's right....and I'm considering the MkII as a kit should I buy the MkIV...Although also considering the 20-70 2.8 as a faster lens, but in theory the MkIV will be able to work faster due to higher ISO, so maybe old trusty will get bought ....all depends on those test images
                    Last edited by Tigger; 28-08-2016, 06:11.

Comment

I think the MKII lens will be better..at least I expect it to be...just like all the other MKII and MKIIIs.
                      I'd prefer to go for faster zooms.... if I'd not had the 24-105 with my 5D3 I would have been better off with 24-70 and 70-200 f2.8s.
                      Right now I'm happy with 17-40, 24-105 and 100-400 all MKI - the 24-105 has longer reach and IS which is a real bonus - I could leave that on all day for a wedding - with just the 100mm macro for rings etc.
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I think the MKII lens will be better..at least I expect it to be...just like all the other MKII and MKIIIs.
                        I'd prefer to go for faster zooms.... if I'd not had the 24-105 with my 5D3 I would have been better off with 24-70 and 70-200 f2.8s.
                        Right now I'm happy with 17-40, 24-105 and 100-400 all MKI - the 24-105 has longer reach and IS which is a real bonus - I could leave that on all day for a wedding - with just the 100mm macro for rings etc.
                        I'm hoping so, with better IS and even auto tripod detect (LOL) I think is going to be a winning combination ...again waiting for test images, I have a funny feeling its going to be a very expensive christmas

Comment

I wouldn't purchase the 5d mk 1V not at the price canon are wanting £3599 when in the states the price quoted is $3499 whic at todays exch rate is £2664 which is a difference of almost £1000 are Are canon trying to take us for Mugs the phrase Rip Of Britain springs to mind.

They wonder why people go to the grey import market
                          Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post

They wonder why people go to the grey import market
                            agree and I know where I'll be getting mine from

Comment

I once bought a lens from HK based Simply Electronics and saved a bundle. OK, had I read the reviews I've seen since before placing the order I would have gone elsewhere but I personally didn't have any problems so would probably have used them again - except they've closed down!

Where then should the cash-strapped photography get his grey imports now?

Cheers,
                              John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                                I once bought a lens from HK based Simply Electronics and saved a bundle. OK, had I read the reviews I've seen since before placing the order I would have gone elsewhere but I personally didn't have any problems so would probably have used them again - except they've closed down!

Where then should the cash-strapped photography get his grey imports now?

Cheers,
                                John
                                I've bought all my equipment from Digital Rev -

Comment

Working...
                                X