makes you wanna leave the human race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

makes you wanna leave the human race

took these on thursday ,there are signs and notices all over the place telling people about why the beach and dunes are roped off ,these two stopped read the sign and simply carried on even walking right up to the edge of the colony at one point grrrrrrrr
    Attached Files

Re: makes you wanna leave the human race

I get (and agree with) your annoyance, but it probably says more about me that I get most annoyed about the mis-spelling of 'metres'. Grrrr.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

I see the problem. The sign is in English and they didn't understand the metric system. We have that problem over here where signs are just ignored

Tom

Comment

The problem is that the only intelligent one there can't read!
        John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Did you not say anything? I would not have been able to refrain myself.

Ignorance - pure and simple

.DAVID.
          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

I agree. I am surprised that you did not tell them off.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

There were 4 of us screaming our heads off at them ,they totally ignored us . It must have been change over time for the beach wardens as well as they never spotted them either .ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by jk224 View Post
                The problem is that the only intelligent one there can't read!
                100% agree

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                  I get (and agree with) your annoyance, but it probably says more about me that I get most annoyed about the mis-spelling of 'metres'. Grrrr.
                  Me too! As well as those who do not know the difference between "your" and "you're" also "bought" and "brought" and I agree, grrrrrrrrr!
                  P.S. Which reminds me. I've just had a week in Brighton and saw a postcard on which it says, "Grammar: Know your sh*t or know you're sh*t"
                  Brill. How I agree.
                  Last edited by collywobbles; 28-07-2016, 10:59. Reason: Adding "P.S."

Comment

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
                    As well as those who do not know the difference between "your" and "you're" also "bought" and "brought"
                    ... or "lose" and "loose", or "of" and "have"....
                    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

I was sitting in the hide at Calke Abbey watching the birds yesterday when I hear voices to the right of it saying saying ohh look at the birds and squirrels, I then heard the same voices at the left and the access gate being opened and their damn dog being let in, I shouted get the F**&% dog out as they obviously did not realise it was a hide with people in, the dog was quickly called back and the gate shut rapidly, I should have had presence of mind to photograph the dog and owners and pass them onto the National Trust...
                      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
                        I was sitting in the hide at Calke Abbey watching the birds yesterday when I hear voices to the right of it saying saying ohh look at the birds and squirrels, I then heard the same voices at the left and the access gate being opened and their damn dog being let in, I shouted get the F**&% dog out as they obviously did not realise it was a hide with people in, the dog was quickly called back and the gate shut rapidly, I should have had presence of mind to photograph the dog and owners and pass them onto the National Trust...
                        Good man!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
                          I shouted get the F**&% dog out as they obviously did not realise it was a hide with people in, the dog was quickly called back and the gate shut rapidly, I should have had presence of mind to photograph the dog and owners and pass them onto the National Trust...
                          So you accept that they 'obviously did not realise it was a hide' but still felt the need to be abusive. Maybe it is they who should have photographed you and passed on details of the foul mouthed photographer to the National Trust.
                          The best way is to be polite first and if that doesn't work, then be abusive.

John
                          Last edited by Swanny48; 11-08-2016, 13:37. Reason: spelling

Comment

A sad indictment indeed. Fortunately they are a minority.
                            Andy
                            Canon EOS 5D MarkIV, 11-24mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8 II, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 IS II USM, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM, 100mm Macro, 50mm f1.4, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Manfrotto tripod
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberdavis/

Comment

So you accept that they 'obviously did not realise it was a hide' but still felt the need to be abusive. Maybe it is they who should have photographed you and passed on details of the foul mouthed photographer to the National Trust.
                              The best way is to be polite first and if that doesn't work, then be abusive.

John
                              So you condone them letting their dog deliberately in to a fenced off area to have a go at the birds and squirrels ground feeding on the national trust feeder station?? perhaps your OK with them worrying sheep too?

No they did not realise it was a hide, hence they wrongly believed they would have no witnesses to what they were doing. Oddly enough the people in the hide with me viewed my actions totally different to you John.
                              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                              X