Spyder3pro Calibration not working on Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 is not loading the calibration from my , now ( apparently ) aged Spyder3pro . It`s looking like the best option is to by the latest version of Spyder , version 5 I believe . It`s a fair bit of money at £125 odd quid , I am wondering if there other options ?

Re: Spyder3pro Calibration not working on Windows 10

I have version 5 of the Spyder. I chose the Express version, works fine for my needs. The hardware for all the versions is the same, just the software is different. I received upgrade offer from Datacolor to upgrade to Pro, can't recall cost though.

Bought mine from Amazon when on Lightening Deal was £65 for the Express version.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I have a ColorMunki Smile which works very well

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Thanks for the replies , and a good pointer thanks Stan . I have reverted back for now , My P.C is a few years old and is heading for an upgrade hopefully anyway . I figure I may as well upgrade my calibrator when I upgrade P.C . I will definitely look at the Colour Monkey when I do .

Comment

Buy a I.mac they don't need calibrating

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
            Windows 10 is not loading the calibration from my , now ( apparently ) aged Spyder3pro . It`s looking like the best option is to by the latest version of Spyder , version 5 I believe . It`s a fair bit of money at £125 odd quid , I am wondering if there other options ?
            I updated to Win10 on my photo editing PC and my Spyder3 Pro seems still to be working.
            EDIT:-
            However whilst on an initial look the software is operational. But it can't see/locate the sensor!. Windows "device manager" can see the sensor so it looks like the Spyder3 Pro isn't Win10 compatible

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
            Last edited by ST-EOS; 28-07-2016, 20:03. Reason: Edit added to my original response
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
            X