Future of flickr even more uncertain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future of flickr even more uncertain?

Verizon is set to announce it will be buying Yahoo for $5 billion. Terms of the deal are not known, but Marissa Mayer won't be invited to stay.

Quote:-

And there’s Tumblr and Flickr to consider as well. It’s not clear what Verizon’s plans are for Yahoo yet — it could operate it as a subsidiary, or wrap it all under the Verizon cloak — so there’s reason to be concerned your favorite service may vanish or change drastically.
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Re: Future of flickr even more uncertain?

hopefully move it to a paid service only and offer more features - you can't run an online business relying on banner advertising it doesn't work

although what idiots Yahoo are, they had it all and blue it
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Been wondering myself .nothing we can do but hope I suppose ,I think when I had a pro account it was around £12 a year ,but I withdrew from that when I realised I got 1TB of storage for free ,and that idiot marrisa Mayer wants to stay in charge .hope not .wonder how much they have lost under her leadership

Comment

It started to go down hill when they closed their auction site, their prices were significantly lower than evilbay, my mate used to buy on Yahoo and sell them on Ebay and make on the deal.
        I do worry as I was moving over to Flickr from Photobucket as Photobucket is dire, even though I pay for the service, I still get bombarded by email and on the site for Photobucket dross to buy.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

I'd pay for a pro site again or look at Google. Tumblr is crap and I won't be going there anytime soon.
          TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Working...
          X