EOS M 11-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS M 11-22

I have just given myself a birthday treat (with the help of SWMBO) and purchased the EOS M 11-22 lens to go with my EOS M3.

I had to try it out, so wandered across the road and took this - I'm quite pleased with the fact that I can now get the whole house in one frame.

IMG_0781-Edit-Edit by John Liddle, on Flickr
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: EOS M 11-22

That is nice and sharp and makes me think even more about replacing my G10 with an M3. Trouble is I'd also been thinking of replacing my 7D with 'something' and sliding both through the door unnoticed may be difficult

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
      Trouble is I'd also been thinking of replacing my 7D with 'something' and sliding both through the door unnoticed may be difficult

Cheers,
      John
      Sounds a bit risky to me.......
      John Liddle

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
        Sounds a bit risky to me.......
        Oh you've met my wife then

Cheers,
        John

Comment

nice work - I use that focal length a lot when out and abut, although I'm guessing your kit is a tad lighter

enjoy the new lens
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
            although I'm guessing your kit is a tad lighter
            A bit lighter than my 5D3 as well!
            John Liddle

Comment

Before we went on holiday to Scotland this year, bearing in mind I tend to carry a 7D2 with a big Siggy attached, I was looking for a small camera to take with me. One that would do the short-range stuff while I'm birding.

The M3 was very high on my list but there were two problems. Firstly I didn't really want to buy into a different lens system and secondly, I couldn't buy the M3 with the 11-22mm as a kit. With the former actually being way less important to me than the latter, if you get my drift.

So, note this is not a recommendation, I ended up with a Sony RX100 mk I which has served me very well. But if I could have got the M3 with the 11-22mm as a package, I'd have been on it so fast you'd have heard a sonic boom. And from this very nice shot, it looks like I'd not have been disappointed.
              EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Thanks for looking and commenting Andy - although now too late to say this - had you considered the M3 body with the EF/EFS adapter and one of your existing lenses?
                John Liddle

Comment

I did consider the adaptor but that felt like I was heading into GAS So i decided discretion was safer...
                  EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

I recently purchased an M3 (there's a couple of posts from me on the forum) and I'm delighted with it. It had a good workout on a recent cruise, but I found on occasion I needed something wider and I'm seriously looking the 11-22mm. I hear good reports from it and it does pretty well in tests and at £300 it's 'relatively' cheap so I think I'm going to take the plunge.

By the way John, apart from the nice crisp image you posted, you have a beautiful house!
                    1D MkIV, 5D MkIII, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, EF 85mm f/1.2L II ** R6, RF 24-105mm f/4.0-7.1 ** M5, EF-M 11-22mm f/4.0-5.6 IS, EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS, EF-M 22mm f/2.0, EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS **** Speedlite 580EX II, Speedlite 430EX III-RT, Speedlite 470EX-AI, ** FD 50mm f/1.2L, FD 55mm f/1.2 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL, FD 50-300mm f/4.5L, FL-F 300mm f/5.6, FD 300mm f/2.8L.

Comment

Thanks for looking & commenting - I have used the 11-22 for some sunset work since that first image and I remain pleased with it.

Originally posted by Sir_Loin View Post
                      ....By the way John, apart from the nice crisp image you posted, you have a beautiful house!
                      Thank you - although it is a lovely building, all old properties like this come with the downside of never-ending maintenance and the need to become fully familiar with lime mortar - every job you start tends to lead to 2 more!
                      John Liddle

Comment

Very Nice house and a cracking image John
                        Peter

Feel free to browse my
                        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thank you Peter
                          John Liddle

Comment

Working...
                          X