AI Servo dumb ass question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AI Servo dumb ass question

thanks Brian - I did have the camera on case 4 :) what a fluke LOL... they seem to have come out OK and have got it down to about 40 shots for them to have a look at - I think they will be be happy, we'll they should be at the price it cost them LOL
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I thought you were doing this for "gratis"!
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
        I thought you were doing this for "gratis"!
        I did....little did I know I'm going to have to spend all day in PS shorting awful backgrounds

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

I find it interesting that although we are all Canon users as I only own a 6D I subsequently only understand parts of this thread - or at least had to think it through before I understood what you guys were on about.
          - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
            I find it interesting that although we are all Canon users as I only own a 6D I subsequently only understand parts of this thread - or at least had to think it through before I understood what you guys were on about.
            the 5D is stunning in AI servo as you can adjust it into various zones, and even then tweak them further - I really should try using them more often but buildings dont move

Comment

Hi Ian
              Sorry i could not get back to you in time.
              But yes just press down the BBF and keep your finger on it whistle pressing the shutter button when needed.
              No need to take finger off the BBF.

For the AI servo definitely a yes on that.

As for focus points it's whatever works best of you or the subject.
              But all 61 points works well on a moving targets as long as you keep your subject in the focus Area and there aren't too many moving subject running around in front but most of the different focus points works well.

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                ..........................and even then tweak them further -
                Ian, can you please explain this comment a bit further as I know about the cases, I know that if you are using BBF and something comes between you and your subject, quickly lift your thumb while the "thing" moves out of range then return to BBF and focus
                Just not sure about tweaking the focus points. I know you can select the various zones and you can move the focal point around the 61 points or is it this that you mean by tweaking the focal points.
                Thanks
                David

Comment

Working...
                X