bugger bugger bugger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bugger bugger bugger

I may have dropped a few times about my holiday I WAS really looking forward to in 2 weeks driving right around Romania ...well its OFF

Was out last night and the wife missed a step and had a bad fall with ligament damage on her foot and the hospital after xrays to make sure it wasn't broke has said she won't be moving much for a least 4 weeks and not totally healed for 3 mths

So no castle hunting and I've just cancelled hotels, flights and car hire....so I'm grumpy as hell
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Re: bugger bugger bugger

Oh dear, I'm really sorry to hear that and it wasn't even your fault You can have other holidays but (usually) only one wife so tell her to rest, wait on her, see to her every need but ... make sure she feel maximum guilt as that will stand you in good stead for your next expensive purchase.

Still,
    Originally posted by Tigger View Post
    ....so I'm grumpy as hell
    You're now in the right frame of mind to talk about DPP

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      I may have dropped a few times about my holiday I WAS really looking forward to in 2 weeks driving right around Romania ...well its OFF

Was out last night and the wife missed a step and had a bad fall with ligament damage on her foot and the hospital after xrays to make sure it wasn't broke has said she won't be moving much for a least 4 weeks and not totally healed for 3 mths

So no castle hunting and I've just cancelled hotels, flights and car hire....so I'm grumpy as hell
      Sorry to hear that - both about your planned trip & your wife's fall - - ligament damage is not only painful but takes ages to mend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      James Boardman Woodend
      www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

yeah I know I can have other holidays but this one was so close I was starting to charge batteries

trust me she's feeling the guilt and has asked more than a few times "have you ordered the new camera yet" NOT something I want to hear due to poor reviews so far ....As for dpp ( it doesn't deserve capitals ) maybe not a time to discuss that

still grumpy ...going to open a large bottle of wine and float in the pool drinking it this afternoon

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
        Sorry to hear that - both about your planned trip & your wife's fall - - ligament damage is not only painful but takes ages to mend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        thanks Jim I don't think we'll be doing any real traveling till next year now

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Very sorry to hear that. It is indeed awful. Hope you wife gets well soon; and she give you permission to invest in the new 5d mk4 for your understanding in cancelling your holiday.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

thanks Nat - shes trying to put a smile on my face, but the cash is sat in the bank anyways

Comment

Ian, I'm so very sorry to hear about Mrs Tiggers fall and subsequent ligament damage. I hope she recovers quickly, I doubt there's any need to tell her to take it easy to speed up the recovery.
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I hope SWMBO recovers soon Ian. I suggest you get her a little bell to ring when she requires something.
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
                  Ian, I'm so very sorry to hear about Mrs Tiggers fall and subsequent ligament damage. I hope she recovers quickly, I doubt there's any need to tell her to take it easy to speed up the recovery.
                  thanks Peter - so laying down in the lounge although not happy she can't get down to the pool - but I'll make sure I splash around a lot this afternoon

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
                  I hope SWMBO recovers soon Ian. I suggest you get her a little bell to ring when she requires something.
                  our mac messaging system is over heating due to use right now .. but least I'm getting fitter going upstairs every 5 mins grrrrr

Comment

Hi Ian, I am so sorry to hear Mrs Tigger had a fall, I hope she recovers soon.

Comment

Oh dear so sorry to hear of the misfortune and I bet she's as grumpy as hell too

I suggest you get her a little bell to ring when she requires something.
                      ....................also copious amounts of vino rosado to cope with the pain, and earmuffs to cope with the grumpy old fart stomping around
                      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
                        Oh dear so sorry to hear of the misfortune and I bet she's as grumpy as hell too

....................also copious amounts of vino rosado to cope with the pain, and earmuffs to cope with the grumpy old fart stomping around

thanks but a bottle of cava is just about to be opened for lunch

Comment

Cava will do just fine.

Don't forget the earmuffs though...........................
                          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
                            Cava will do just fine.

Don't forget the earmuffs though...........................
                            pardon

Comment

Sorry to hear about Mrs T, here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
                              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                              X