X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi Guys & Bo

Good to see you back Ian.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

many thanks guys, the support and friendship here is overwhelming and I really appreciate it
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks for popping in Ian. Good to know you're still around. You are in our thoughts often.

Garry
        Garry Macdonald on Flickr
        Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Good to hear from you Ian. I know that it will be quite hard for you in the coming months and years but do take things slowly. Photography can wait but sort out your other essential priorities. God bless.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Glad to hear from you Ian. You have been on my thoughts and prayers quite often as I can't image what it is like to loose a life partner, but the thought is so saddening, but I am also joyful to hear you are looking at your future and getting back into some of the things you love. But keep in mind that you need to allow yourself time to grieve and heal.

Tom

Comment

Hi Tigger,

Great to hear from you. You have been in my thoughts often at this difficult and upsetting time.

Every little step is a “ little victory” – but trying to hold onto the positives when feeling the shock and pain of sudden loss is so difficult. Hold on to the support of friends and family and take these steps as and when you can.

Meanwhile we are delighted that you want to pop in here from time to time. We miss your knowledge, ready response and humour.

Bo

PS Guess you’ve not bought the Mark IV yet……………….!
              Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Great to hear from you, Ian, and hope the slow recovery continues, it is sometimes good to have projects to distract the mind even if it only keeps the grief away for very short periods initially. Your influence is still felt on here, though. I was in Florence recently and walked into a cloister. My first thought was 'What would Ian do with this?'. I didn't do you justice (it is on Flickr) but part of you is in the image. Keep strong, mate.
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Great you feel up to posting Ian, take care .
                  Dave
                  Dave , France 79

Comment

Ian, there's a big butch manhug on its way to Spain for you. Good to see you up and around again.
                    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                      "have you bought the mkIV yet "
                      Regrettably not!!! I need to either win a very big assignment or the lottery. Both seem about as equally distant at the moment. But the GAS is still pumping. I want... MkIV, 16-34 whatever the latest is, 11-24 (not going to replace my 8-15), a couple more flash units, M5 plus one or two cool lenses, new MacBook Pro when they come out soon, new iPad pro and an iPhone 7 Plus.

I also want a fairy godmother to gift all that to me in three wishes: new 5DIV and lenses (wish 1), new M5 and lenses (wish 2), new Apple kit (wish 3) and a fourth wish for luck: no new debt!!!

Seriously, I am in GAS suppression mode, so much so that the burping barely stops!

Sometime soon I am sure you will want to get your camera out because it is a passion that I suspect your wife relished in you - my wife hated it, my partner now loves it - it is a part of you that can only help the healing...

Best
                      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Glad to see you have surfaced again Ian ,I can't really add anymore to the above posts .i'm sure you realise that the main block of forum contributors are here for you at any time .as has been said time will heal.
                        Last edited by the black fox; 28-09-2016, 07:05.

Comment

thanks all for your support , wisdom & kind words ...

Little steps it is, but I'm heading in the right direction as I've found a nice little part build house and meeting builders next week to discuss costings for the changes I want, but its still 4 beds so friends are more than welcome if your passing - Got agents round next week to value this and hopefully "IF" all goes to plan build work on the new house is 3 months so would love to sell this then and I can move in for early year as I don't want to leave this house empty as they tend to get damp over the winter and considering values so far around 1.1k not something you want, but I think it will sell well as its a stunning house, now in mint condition

I'm out tonight meeting the local volunteer fire force here as I asked people not to buy flowers for julia but place donations into a box and I have 800e for the guys as they need cash after loosing lots of equipment from the massive fire we had, still hard to believe only 3 weeks ago when Julia & I was moved from the house ;o(

As for the camera MkIV I've not even looked at any of the real views that I'm sure are starting to pop up on youtube so keen to see, but I've decided to buy as spending 3k will force me to get out again soon

Chat later guys & Bo and I'll take any hugs I can get ;o)
                          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Good to see you back on here Ian, and good to see you are moving forward.
                            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Hi Ian, nice to have you back. Takes time to come back from a shock like this but sounds like you've taken the first steps. All the best.
                              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Glad to see you posting again Ian,

I've not been on here long but you were one of the first to say Hi when I joined and make me feel very welcome.
                                It's very clear how this place has a great friendly feel and you are a major part of that warmth and friendship on this forum.

I hope things get a little easier day by day for you and wish you well in your new house plans and the future.

All the best from me and all the puddy tats
                                Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Working...
                                X