Question re Forum Photo Challenge Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question re Forum Photo Challenge Rules

Barbara - since you are setting the challenge, I believe you are entitled to set the rules so I guess you could edit your first post announcing the challenge to reflect the concensus you identify above.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Seems a reasonable step to me. Did think we might have had issue with camera names across the pond. But see they are called 'EOS Rebel'.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Barbara's suggestion gets my vote.
        EOS cameras for EOS Forum competition
        Makes sense

TOM: you now have no excuse not to enter your M3 images...
        David

Comment

I think that as the site is called EOS Forum, then it should only be for EOS cameras, that is what I think

Comment

so long as the camera used has a Canon logo who cares
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

[QUOTE][/so long as the camera used has a Canon logo who cares QUOTE]

Well some do, apparently, since we have had some views on the subject

...............including possibly the creators of this EOS forum for EOS cameras !
              Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Sorry for coming bit late to this. My vote goes for restricting it to EOS cameras as that aligns it to the magazine, the forum/website name and to the Welcome to the Forum post in Introduction.
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

As Nat said, the challenge was started on March 1st, 2010 and Millie established the rules for that 1st challenge. Subsequent winners would then state that Millie's rules apply to the challenge they started. This practice has been in place without challenge until now. So as I see it, the winner has the right to add, change, or remove a rule based on their challenge.

The canon compact section was started in 2009, but to date there is not section in the photography section for compact cameras to post their images, so they have been posting them in the systems section of the forum.

My point is that when the challenge was started there was a compact section in the forum. The original rules were created by Millie and accepted as the default rules for all subsequent challenges, so I would think that whoever the current winner is, can set the rules for the challenge, IMO

Tom

Comment

Ditto. I agree with Tom. Bo is free to set the rules for her competition.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thank you all for your comments!

Well I appear to have been given a mandate to set the rules for at least this current competition so I will change to include the M series:- i.e all EOS cameras.

This reflects the technological advances made by Canon since the start of the challenge in 2010 and there seems no reason at all to exclude the mirrorless camera. Certainly there have been no dissenters in the comments posted .

I will leave others to discuss compacts at a later date should they wish.

I will amend the rules for challenge nš 122 accordingly and look forward to receiving lots of entries
                      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Cool. as you are setting the rules, can I also suggest you change them to ban previous winners, so I might have a chance
                        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                        X