X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Albans Cathedral - en pano...

I came back up the hill just in time to see the cathedral lit up

St Albans Cathedral by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

It is actually quite difficult to photograph because it is sooooooooooooo long... It took some tweaking in PS to get the roof line a bit straighter and not barrelling up. Not sure it is quite right yet, so comments welcome (as always)!

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: St Albans Cathedral - en pano...

I never knew it looked so good! You did well to stitch it all together but as you said, the roofline is a little wonky but only noticeable due to your honesty
    Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Well worth the effort Richard, great image. There is a little 'barrelling ' left on the roof which I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. I don't live too far away and never realised it was sooooooooooooo long
      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Quite a good shot with a difficult subject. Yes, the roof line is a bit "wonky" but who cares. It is a nice picture. Would a wide angle shot have helped & later on straighten the verticals?
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Alan and Tony

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
          Quite a good shot with a difficult subject. Yes, the roof line is a bit "wonky" but who cares. It is a nice picture. Would a wide angle shot have helped & later on straighten the verticals?
          I have little doubt that a 70-200 wasn't the best lens for this shot, but that said, it was what I had on the camera for a brief afternoon walk. And as they say, the best camera (lens etc etc) that you have is the one you have with you! My iPhone had just died a death, so I thought I would give it a go, seeing as the light was so gorgeous.

I need to work on my PS patience using warp... I get bored and move on. I might try again.

Thanks for looking and commenting

Richard

Comment

"And as they say, the best camera (lens etc etc) that you have is the one you have with you!"

Fully agree.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Timing is everything and you timed getting back up there well. Well taken Richard.

Tom

Comment

Very nice composition Richard
                Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Really nice shot Richard, horizontal lines are really hard to get right on panoramas, but the roof doesn't take away from the image

John

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                    X