Challenge 123: Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 123: Trees

There are some lovely trees around at the moment and of course they are going through a period of attractive change whether you are in the northern or southern hemisphere. So for this challenge I would like to see your images of, or about, trees. It could be of a single tree or a forest or anything in between, or any part of a tree, as long as it is recognisably associated.
    So please be as creative as you like in terms of interpretation and/or processing.

In recent weeks we have a slight increase in the numbers of entries, so let's keep that trend going - if you usually enter, you know the score, but if you haven't ever entered then please do. It's just a bit of fun, but is designed to encourage you to get out and about looking for an interesting image. What possible reason do you have not to enter?

For my part, I will give each image my best consideration and will provide constructive comments to explain my decision when choosing my winners.

Please read the general rules below.

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • Please use an EOS Canon camera - DSLR or M series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest max (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

Closing date for entries is midnight (in the UK) on Sunday 13 November. Hopefully that gives you plenty of time for you come up with your mini masterpieces. Good luck.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Re: Challenge 123: Trees

Autumn Sweeps In

TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Times a changing

Autumn Colours by David Ore, on Flickr

Comment

Sorry, gents, but can I just respectfully refer you to the 8th 'bullet point' in the rules, and refrain from commenting on images before the judging. I don't want anyone to think I could have been swayed either way by comments, or for others to feel constrained from entering if there is general enthusiasm towards a particular entry. Thanks.
        Canon EOS 7D
        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
          Sorry, gents, but can I just respectfully refer you to the 8th 'bullet point' in the rules, and refrain from commenting on images before the judging. I don't want anyone to think I could have been swayed either way by comments, or for others to feel constrained from entering if there is general enthusiasm towards a particular entry. Thanks.
          Apologies for that. I got carried away. I've now deleted the post.

Emyr

Comment

me too! sorry.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Emerging Autumn
              _MG_0612.jpg by brianvickers
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

When you go down to the woods tonight...

When you go down to the woods tonight... by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

A substitution...
                And now a small blemish sorted...
                Last edited by rcarca; 30-10-2016, 17:44.
                Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

A different view.
                  mreds20161023trees0010 by markyreds, on Flickr
                  http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/12679003@N04/

Comment

Long legs, long way to go.

IMG_2448 by Chris Trollen, on Flickr
                    Chris
                    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thorp Perrow Acer

Peter

Feel free to browse my
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Different shades of gold.

IMG_9529 by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

The Canopy

The Canopy by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/64455200@N07/]
                          Andrew

Comment

Autumn Colours

Autumn colours 30th Oct 2016 328 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Some Blenheim Orange apples

Blenheim pop by John Liddle, on Flickr
                              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
                              X