• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (Help) standard lenses and full frame camera

Thank you

Comment

SavNik, in my humble opinon, upgrading to a 760D and selling your older camera will certainly improve your photography. Look at Ebay prices for the 760D or even the 750D. I have never bought equipment unless I really had a need for that item. So NECESSITY should be your guiding light and not due to peer pressure.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Yes, 1 and 3 will fit a full frame camera, 2 and 4 are restricted to a crop frame camera. Now it is down to budget and appetite (which rarely match in my experience!!!)

If you really want to go FF and have the budget, then you can always trade 2 and 4 in with the camera (or sell them), or if you want to stay with a crop frame, you are spared the expense.

Most people say invest in glass (lenses) more than camera bodies. But let's face it, most of us suffer from awful GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) and try to do both! Just look at the drooling over the latest 5Div - which I still want, even if I don't need it!!!

Looking forward to hearing what you decide to do!

Richard
        Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Yes, I. Would say I have been guided by necesity. 760d would be an improvement from the current camera (better fps/ISO/pixelation/articulating screen and few others)
          Thanks

Comment

Thank you Richard that's good advice.

Comment

I have the 500d, and still think it is a great camera, and, with good glass attached (70-200F4L, 50mm 1.8) gives excellent quality images. Admittedly low light is an issue, but a great body none the less. If you are shooting low light a lot, then improved low light shooting is a good reason to upgrade, but, otherwise, invest in decent glass and develop your technique with what you have.

Failing that, I would suggest trading in the 550d for a used 760d on the like of MPB. They have this one at decent price. Should get at least £70-80 for yours I would imagine.

Just my opinion!

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Garry
              Last edited by digiman; 22-10-2016, 12:35.
              Garry Macdonald on Flickr
              Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Working...
              X