Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Evening from Cheshire

Hi Everyone
    I have been a member for about a year but thought I should introduce myself as I have more time now (Early Retirement).
    Back in the sixties and seventies I had a Zorki 4 rangefinder camera. I used to develop and print black and white and also processed colour slides. I eventually moved onto a Canon T70 SLR.
    My first digital was a Sony Cybershot and I have progressed through the Canon range with first a 350D, then a 60D.
    I now have a 6D as I wanted to get myself a full frame camera. Rightly or wrongly I thought it was the best option to go with the 17-40mm and other EF lenses that I use.
    My main interests are landscapes and to be honest anything interesting! My latest shoot was on a half day course at the East Lancs railway when the Flying Scotsman was one of the engines present.
    Anyway I'm looking forward to hopefully picking up a few tips and improving my photography.

Cheers for now

Terry

PS Just trying to post a photo from flickr with this post. I'm not sure if I've done it right so I hope it works out!

Flying Scotsman on East Lancs Railway - October 2016

Re: Good Evening from Cheshire

Welcome Terry. You are not too far away from me. Yes, Flickr is the best to share your images here. Most of us use it to share and get comments from members.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Terry, welcome to the forum. You will really like it here as all the members are of great help if and when you need it. You got some great shots on Flickr, and nice shot of the Flying Scotsman.

Comment

Welcome to the forum ,it's getting lively on here lately ,and your another local member to me I,m in flint

Comment

Welcome Terry

Tom

Comment

Hi Terry, and welcome aboard.

Dave
            Dave

Comment

Welcome Terry, were a friendly bunch, and just love taking pictures, the help and advice you will get is fantastic, I found that out along the way.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks to everyone for a very warm welcome. I hope to be posting photos and participating in the forum very soon.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                X