Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's spreading ...........

Apple increase UK prices :
    Apple increases the prices of its laptop and desktop computers by hundreds of pounds in the UK.

I expect more from camera companies very soon.
    EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Re: It's spreading ...........

Inflation is set to rip in my view...
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Just as well I don't have the money to buy anything right now lol

Comment

Despite Tesco's best endeavours, the price of Marmite is going up - in Morrisons at least: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37801847

Comment

ooh if inflation kicks in does that mean my pension triple lock kicks in as well ????

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
            ooh if inflation kicks in does that mean my pension triple lock kicks in as well ????
            Yes, but not till April 2018 - next year's April increase is already fixed by September inflation (about 1%) or the triple lock.
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

It must be noted that the increase in prices is not due to Brexit but due to the falling value of the £. However, I am sure this is only a temporary phase. The economy is quite strong and note Nissan's investment in UK.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                It must be noted that the increase in prices is not due to Brexit but due to the falling value of the £. However, I am sure this is only a temporary phase. The economy is quite strong and note Nissan's investment in UK.
                What a load of tosh Nat! The pound has fallen off a cliff because of uncertainty and Mrs May's assertions at the party conference. It is ENTIRELY Brexit related!!! Nissan is remaining in the UK because the government has guaranteed they won't be disadvantaged. Not a single other person or firm has been given the same guarantee. In fact most of us will, at least to begin with, be worse off because of the inflationary pressures that will rip through the economy with a 30% devaluation of the pound... Look at computers, cameras, marmite, petrol, in fact ANYTHING that you import that wasn't covered by a hedging contract by the importer...

And as to why there is uncertainty - try cracking almost thirty eggs in a bowl, whisk them thoroughly, add some mil butter and salt, cook them over a gentle hear for a while and then try to return the eggs to their original state in their shells - or at least one of the eggs in its own shell. We are embarked upon the political equivalent...
                Last edited by rcarca; 28-10-2016, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                  That is why Maggie got rid of it before and why it won't survive! It is not affordable... I am not so far of pensionable age as not to recognise the importance of this. Plus most non-state pensions that are not final salary related AND inflation protected, will also be badly damaged... Don't cheer too loudly!!!
                  Last edited by rcarca; 28-10-2016, 16:23.

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
                    What a load of tosh Nat! The pound has fallen off a cliff because of uncertainty and Mrs May's assertions at the party conference. It is ENTIRELY Brexit related!!! Nissan is remaining in the UK because the government has guaranteed they won't be disadvantaged. Not a single other person or firm has been given the same guarantee. In fact most of us will, at least to begin with, be worse off because of the inflationary pressures that will rip through the economy with a 30% devaluation of the pound... Look at computers, cameras, marmite, petrol, in fact ANYTHING that you import that wasn't covered by a hedging contract by the importer...

And as to why there is uncertainty - try cracking almost thirty eggs in a bowl, whisk them thoroughly, add some mil butter and salt, cook them over a gentle hear for a while and then try to return the eggs to their original state in their shells - or at least one of the eggs in its own shell. We are embarked upon the political equivalent...
                    Richard, I would like to be proved wrong in 6 months time-enough time to know! So I would rather wait rather than get all hysterical just now. If I am proved wrong, like what Len Goodman (Strictly fame) would say:- "I'd pickle my walnuts"!
                    Last edited by Nathaniel; 28-10-2016, 18:13.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                    X