Blue Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Shoes

Yesterday I posted a photographs of my fountain pen and was grateful for the advice that I got. I now realise that I should have given you good people more details as regards the taking of the photograph.
    A slight change of subject but now with more detail:

Shutter speed 125
    F16
    Focal length 100
    Studio lights
    Distance from subject 8feet

blue-shoe by Michael Bidny, on Flickr

Your advice will be very welcome
    Mick

Re: Blue Shoes

Thats a very good product shot...spot on lighting.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
      Thats a very good product shot...spot on lighting.
      Agree

Tom

Comment

Lighting and composition are excellent.

The only minor niggle for me is that I can see the folds in the background cloth - a more uniform background would enhance the shot even further.
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thanks guys - and you are quite right John about the fold in the cloth. Now that you have mentioned it - it stands out a mile.
          Mick

Comment

Mick - if there is one thing that I have learned during my relatively short time on the forum, it is to look at an image with a more critical eye. Other (more experienced) members have provided comments and guidance on my efforts and it has helped me enormously.

I like to think that my images have improved a bit as a result.

When I first joined I doubt whether I would have made any observation concerning your shot, but now I try to look a bit more carefully.

I also try to build this care into the taking of photos - but it doesn't always work!
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Hi John
              I am a firm believer that when people offer advice especially on this forum it is with good intent. Your comment about the fold in the background is totally correct and had you not pointed it out I would have just continued blindly.
              As far as i am concerned all all comments will be taken on board and hopefully acted upon as this is the only way I can move forward and hopefully improve the quality of my photographs.
              Keep the comments coming I say.
              Mick

Comment

Working...
              X