dunnock and grub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dunnock and grub

another from yesterday after the MA adjustment ,i have to admit i was really on the verge of selling this camera even had a quote from MPB ,but yesterday has tipped the scales back in favour of keeping it .the results and eye detail speak for themselves

underated species by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Re: dunnock and grub

Another excellent shot.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Yes, excellent as always. I must admit I can't see much difference between the shots you are happy with and the others. Maybe just because I have an ordinary bog-standard monitor?
      EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
        Yes, excellent as always. I must admit I can't see much difference between the shots you are happy with and the others. Maybe just because I have an ordinary bog-standard monitor?
        possibly i have a large i.mac richard and the fine detail just wasn't quiet right ,its more down to little nudges to get that tiny bit of a improvement ,rather than massive tweeks that just throw things out . it has shown up more through the winter when lack of decent light has resulted in higher iso being used .
        the other problem i was suffering was the fact the lightroom didn't have a decent focus points plug in till recently ,the new update is a lot easier to use and shows up whether your on the nail with your focus yourself .i.e if the focus point is on the eye and the pic is still soft then its either a M.A issue or a user /settings error .or your focus is totally off the target
        you have to put every facet together to make them all work .its easy to sit here and criticise others work but i try to explain what i'm doing and why to help others along the path .

Comment

Piggy bank looks to be safe now super detail

Alan

Comment

Cracking detailed image Jeff,very underrated bird imo
            www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherblue www.johncaswellwildlifephotography.com

Canon 5Dmk4 ,Canon 7D mk11,Canon 7D,Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L is 11 USM . Canon100mm f2.8 Macro ,Canon 24-105 F4, 1.4 x111 ext

Comment

Thanks for the comments

Comment

that is an almost top shot but why oh why on earth have you left that oof bit of grass or whatever it is - A quick clone and it becomes a top shot....and dont say its his environment
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Super crisp shot- nowt wrong with that -apart from maybe a quick clone of the cricket stumps behind him...!

As a new 80d user, and I'm still playing with the C. Fn ll: Autofocus settings for action shots can I ask when you talk of MA adjustments do you mean with your Sigma 150-600 & its hub ?
                  Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

So beautiful.. no one could call this a LBJ - Little Brown Job

Comment

Sharp as a very sharp thing Jeff, nice shot
                      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
                        Super crisp shot- nowt wrong with that -apart from maybe a quick clone of the cricket stumps behind him...!

As a new 80d user, and I'm still playing with the C. Fn ll: Autofocus settings for action shots can I ask when you talk of MA adjustments do you mean with your Sigma 150-600 & its hub ?
                        No bo I have done mine in camera ,the m.a adjustments in lens I think would need to be done far more accurately than I could manage . So yes it's to the sigma 150-600 lens but just done via the camera .
                        If you need any help with your autofocus settings just ask

Comment

If you need any help with your autofocus settings just ask
                          Thanks Jeff. I made a note of the settings as per an earlier post you made, plus have Nina's e-book that I'm still studying.

I'm now off for 3 weeks, mostly diving , so will be concentrating on the underwater stuff

On my return if I need help- which I probably will!- I would love to ask for your advice
                          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Well done Jeff

Tom

Comment

Working...
                            X