Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon 800D (T7i) new model. Is this Sigma lens compatible with my camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 800D (T7i) new model. Is this Sigma lens compatible with my camera?

Hi, I've just bought a new Canon 800D DSLR. It is a newly released model. I want to buy a Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM / EX DC HSM lens for it (I can't afford the Canon eqivelent).

The Canon 800D has the new dual pixel auto focus image sensor. Can you tell me if the lens is compatible with this new camera please?

Many thanks.

Re: Canon 800D (T7i) new model. Is this Sigma lens compatible with my camera?

The image sensor and auto focus method is internal to the camera which then transmits a signal to the lens to adjust the focus. Therefore the lens should work perfectly well. I have a 5D MkIV which also has the dual pixel type sensor auto focus and I use several Sigma lenses both new and old and they all work fine.
    Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

I would also take your body in with you if you are buying from a shop and ask to try it on the camera and take a couple.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

The only incompatibility problems that are reported with Sigma lenses are: 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art, 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art and the 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM which display exposure problems when fitted to the 1DX MkII. This relates to the peripheral illumination feature.
        Last edited by SpringfieldPhoto; 11-05-2017, 14:53.
        Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Working...
        X