This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uploading images using Flickr

Just about to try and post some photos using Flickr for the first time as previous photos were not very sharp. I've now discovered that it's not very straightforward at all. It's certainly too complicated and I haven't got the patience so I won't be bothering, life's too short.

Comment

I cant access flickr.com as I used to log in using google now its telling me that I have to create a yahoo account and when I try to do this its says it has encountered an unexpected error try again. anyone else come across this.

Thanks
      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I used to access as part of my BT account but was told I had to make a yahoo account for access - my main problem was finding an email address that I liked that wasn't already taken.

Created the account and touch wood not having any problems with it.

Been on today and it seems that the way off accessing the code to post to the forum as altered, but a minute or so pondering and managed it.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Just wondering, is there another way to upload images here, I am not a fan of FLICKR or PHOTOBUCKET.

Comment

Originally posted by GREGORY View Post
            Just wondering, is there another way to upload images here, I am not a fan of FLICKR or PHOTOBUCKET.
            yes you can upload directly to the forum ,BUT bandwidth restrictions mean your image will be very de-graded,the easiest option is flickr and as thats a free service i can't really see the problem

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
              yes you can upload directly to the forum ,BUT bandwidth restrictions mean your image will be very de-graded,the easiest option is flickr and as thats a free service i can't really see the problem
              agree, plus I find it difficult to review an image as you don't know if the poor quality is down to the direct upload or the photo

you do have another option, use your own paid hosting. Its dirt cheap to buy a name and space then you just upload your images to your hosting account and link to that image ...of course Flickr is a lot easier & free
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

hi all just testing

WW2 AIR PILOT by David Jowett, on Flickr
                Regards Dave

Canon 70D : Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM : Canon EF-S 55-250mm 1:4-5.6 IS ii MACRO : Canon EF-S 10- 22 mm f/3.5-4.5 USM : Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM : Canon EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS ll USM : Canon 600-EX-RT Speedlite FLASH GUN : Canon GPS RECEIVER GP-E2, PhotR 3-Section tripod. More to come.

You are welcome to view my flicker pages .... https://www.flickr.com/photos/davejowett/

Comment

Farne Islands Puffin
                  by Steve Crampton, on Flickr

A test image post

Comment

Testing Flickr ???

Peter

Canon EOS 350D - Canon 18-55mm, Canon 75-300mm, Cullmann Tripod,
                    Fiji Finepix S1800

https://www.flickr.com/photos/red_snapper_68/

Comment

Dave, Steve and Red Snapper, they all work ok and clicking on them takes you to the site.
                      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC View Post

Farne Islands Puffin
                        by Steve Crampton, on Flickr

A test image post
                        You definitely need to post this in the Birds section , it`s a corker mate .

Comment

Just testing use of Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Manipulator View Post
                            Just a link being shown. Hate Photobucket every time you click through there are popups
                            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I use Flickr Uploadr to upload my photos. You can set the default size at which you want to upload as well as specify which album you want the photos to go to. You have to be a Flickr Pro member to get it from Flickr but it’s still available free here :

and here :

Emyr

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
                                You definitely need to post this in the Birds section , it`s a corker mate .
                                Agree, that is some shot

Comment

Working...
                                X