Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First impression of the 7D

Newcastle Upon Tyne

Default Re: First impression of the 7D

Still haven't really had a chance to master the 7D yet (very busy at work ) but i did give it a bit of a workout on a holiday on Islay in September . Impression ? Wonderful ! Great fun trying to workout things and fantastic results even though i think it's more by accident than knowing what i'm doing.....LOL ! So glad i splashed out on it and the top notch lenses .

deer-kildaton-road by Gordon_H61

The Old Kiln Cafe , Ardbeg by Gordon_H61

Ardbeg by Gordon_H61
    Canon Eos 6D + EF 16-35 L MkII + EF 24-105 L + EF 70-300 L + EF 400mm f5.6L + Speedlite 430EX II (+ Canon Eos 7D + Sigma 10-20mm)

Port Elizabeth

Just got my new 7d :))
    Nice and hafty, just what my big hands need. Now come on battery get charged already :P

Fulham, London

I have been using the 7D now for 2 years and I am pretty much convinced it's the best digital camera Canon have ever made. Aside from some noise at higher ISO, it's pretty much a percect camera - a dream to use and superb image quality. I find it difficult that any one would find major issues with it - just because I use Canon (and have done since 1976!) I would not be reluctant to criticse if I thought it were necessary. The 100% viewfinder and grid overlay alone make it such a useful camera. I have always found Canon metering flakey in typical overcast UK conditions - and hence tend to use manual a lot - but the new metering system was a major step forward.
    Gary White, MPhil
    Travel Photographer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12