X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyberman
    replied
    Re: Enjoying film

It's good to hear people enjoying film, when I first got into photography 20+ years ago I really enjoyed choosing different films for different effects and seeing the different results.

But I have to say, I would not go back to film now.
    I enjoy the comfort of being able to see I have the image I want and the fun of being able to edit them to achieve different results.
    I don't miss the wait for developing, or the cost of film.
    I also enjoy the flexibility of achieving different results for individual images, whereas in the past you were stuck with a roll of film until you've finished it.

However, as I say I do appreciate the process and understand why some people would enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Paulstw
    replied

For the simple reason of having to hear many people say that us digital geeks have missed out on so much with digital I bought a Canon AE-1P at Christmas last year. Shot the whole month of December using film and absolutely loved it. The drama the romance and change of mindset helped a lot.

Now it sits on my bedside cabinet and gets used mostly for family occasions. It forces me to print my work to see it, and that's stuff you'll keep forever. I can't wait to use it on a summers day in the park or something.

Leave a comment:

• kelly200269
    replied

Here here! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Gary - Fulham
    started a topic Enjoying film

Enjoying film

Have been enjoying buying up some FD kit on eBay and a nice F1n body from USA, etc.
    Got back some Fuji Velvia RVP and Provia 400x from the E6 lab - fantastic - real dynamic range, shadow detail and no blown highlights! Oh dear... how youngsters who have used digital only have missed out....
Working...
X