X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir_Loin
    replied
    Originally posted by kirkemcvay View Post
    I have an old Canon zoom lens FD 100-300 1:5.6 I am trying to get it to work with my EOS RebelT5 1200D. I bought an adaptor, so it fits the camera, but looking through the lens, everything is out of focus and nothing I do seems to change that. Any suggestions? Is this a lost cause?
    What adapter have you got? Also, and I don’t mean this as an offence, but you know you have to manually focus FD lenses? I am trying to help.

Leave a comment:

• kirkemcvay
    replied
    I have an old Canon zoom lens FD 100-300 1:5.6 I am trying to get it to work with my EOS RebelT5 1200D. I bought an adaptor, so it fits the camera, but looking through the lens, everything is out of focus and nothing I do seems to change that. Any suggestions? Is this a lost cause?

Leave a comment:

• Sir_Loin
    replied
    Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
    Some nice lenses. Suspect not cheap in their time.
    Indeed! They were their premium line so you paid for the best at the time. Even now they’re not cheap, but a lot less than what they were new. Believe it or not, the FD 55mm f/1.2 aspherical cost me more than any of the L lenses in this thread. Yep, even more than the 300mm f/2.8L because it’s a rare lens, particularly in the condition of mine. 300mm £550, 55mm £800! But is it worth it apart from collector value? Absolutely! The 55mm is quite superb, even wide open. Better than the 50mm f/1.2L? That’s not so easy to answer, they both have different qualities. However I’m keeping both.
    Last edited by Sir_Loin; 27-04-2020, 13:09.

Leave a comment:

• antoeknee
    replied
    Some nice lenses. Suspect not cheap in their time.

Leave a comment:

• Sir_Loin
    replied
    Another gem I recently found and CLA’d!

35A5CB99-80AD-4A58-8C9C-C7EE14862729.jpeg
    4B0F6134-B4D6-4BD3-A63A-265870C595A3.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Sir_Loin
    replied
    Originally posted by Canon Fan View Post
    Nice collection!
    Thanks! I had to replace 9 zoom and focus cam bushes on the 24-35mm as it was really sloppy and the whole lens group moved laterally. They were all perished so I replaced them with PTFE tubing. Same with the 50-300mm, but only 2 on the zoom ring to remove the play. The thing is, you can get them cheaper with these issues, but they’re easy to rectify with patience and making a note of how they came apart. First thing to do is remove the rubber grips, most are under there.

Leave a comment:

• Trev B
    replied
    That bring back a few memories, had both the 300 and 50/300 at one time or the other. The 300 f2.8 was a weighty bit of gear to lug around. I had an adaptor so I could use it on a 16mm film camera, the reach was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Colin W
    replied
    Nice collection!

Leave a comment:

• Sir_Loin
    started a topic Just some FD stuff!

Just some FD stuff!

Some Canon FDn L goodness.
    E12A101A-CEBD-4BC4-89BB-3BECD38B0B60.jpeg
Working...
X