X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Photography Show - 2015

So, who's going?

And who's looking for what?

I was planning on going up on the Monday, but I've arranged to meet friends and so now will be going on the Sunday (gawd 'elp me). I'm going to be on the look out for keen prices, especially on the EOS 6d!!!

I might also look at a 24-70 2.8L.

And then later, once I return home and the wife sees my credit card, I might end up minus some lower body parts!
    EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

various flash guns & modifiers

Re: The Photography Show - 2015

Intending to go Saturday and Sunday - never been to anything like this before!
    Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Tempted to travel up if I'm up to it physically but then I'll be tempted to spend money I haven't got, lol
      Paul

Comment

I don't think I'll be able to get there this year. If you haven't been before get ready for a bit of a 'bun fight' - I never got anywhere near the front of the Canon stand last year to speak to anyone.
        - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

we have booked for sunday ,four of us in the car meeting another mate there .supposed to be bigger this year to last years was to tight on the avenues between stalls for my liking

Comment

I'm going on the Tuesday with some friends.Interested to see if I can get a decent price on a pop up background.
            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              I'm going on the Tuesday with some friends.Interested to see if I can get a decent price on a pop up background.
              Good luck with that - I went last year with actual cash in my pocket to buy the 300 2.8 mkII when I eventually got to the front I was offered £20 off for the show discount which was still more than WEX had it for . . . bought a book a coffee (bad one at that) and we came home feeling more than a little 'robbed' to honest.

So - we will be giving it a miss this year

.DAVID.
              Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
                Good luck with that - I went last year with actual cash in my pocket to buy the 300 2.8 mkII when I eventually got to the front I was offered £20 off for the show discount which was still more than WEX had it for . . . bought a book a coffee (bad one at that) and we came home feeling more than a little 'robbed' to honest.

So - we will be giving it a miss this year

.DAVID.
                My experience last year was not too bad, got a decent deal on a Wacom tablet, and traded in a lens and did a deal for a 50mm lens.
                But I'm not as optimistic about the back drop, although it being the last day might have a chance.
                Andy

Comment

Don't think that I'll be able to make it this year either.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                    Don't think that I'll be able to make it this year either.

Tom
                    That'll be because of the snow I imagine...
                    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Well I'm going taking the wife, she can drive home, never been to one of these before so looking forward to it, if I can not get to the front of any stand will give the fire alarm a whack and be last out.

No really can't wait though.

Paul

Comment

I've never been before and thinking of trying it on Monday. I'm getting ever closer to parting with some cash to buy the 7D2 but from what I've read so far I may not get a cracking deal. Has anyone bought a camera from there before? If so, what was the 'show deal' if any? Will Canon take lenses and or cameras in pt ex during the event?
                        Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                          I've never been before and thinking of trying it on Monday. I'm getting ever closer to parting with some cash to buy the 7D2 but from what I've read so far I may not get a cracking deal. Has anyone bought a camera from there before? If so, what was the 'show deal' if any? Will Canon take lenses and or cameras in pt ex during the event?
                          From what I saw last year it's not the place for px deals ,far far to busy .though there must be some good deals to be had as some stalls you couldn't get near at all.canon only demo stuff on there stand .
                          Tbh your better off selling stuff on e.bay even after the fees and getting a discount on what you buy

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                            From what I saw last year it's not the place for px deals ,far far to busy .though there must be some good deals to be had as some stalls you couldn't get near at all.canon only demo stuff on there stand .
                            Tbh your better off selling stuff on e.bay even after the fees and getting a discount on what you buy
                            Thanks for the reply Jeff, much appreciated. If I plumb for the 7D2 I will have two cameras and a couple of lenses to shift. Might even advertise them here.
                            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                              Thanks for the reply Jeff, much appreciated. If I plumb for the 7D2 I will have two cameras and a couple of lenses to shift. Might even advertise them here.
                              two lenses as well, your old lenses will work on the Mk2 so how come? you just doubling up on focal lenghts?
                              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                              X