Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me why my avatar does not show. I uploaded the image when I signed up, but it does not show.

It is probably something I have or have not done, but I cannot seem to access my settings to make any changes.

Ian
    Ian

Re: Avatar not showing

Top of this page. your user name, Notifications, My Profile, Settings, Log out.

Click on "settings".
    New page now has settings on the left. Come down to "My Settings" and "Edit Avatar".
    Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
    Put a tick (dot) in "use custom avatar".
    Option 2 will allow you to upload an image from your computer.
    Once uploaded select "Save Changes".

Hope it helps
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Stephen,

I did this originally and can see my avator in my profile. I have just tried to reload it several times, when I click the box to browse my files for the image I end up on this page [eos-magazine-news.blogspot.co.uk]. It is now getting very frustrating, in fact what ever I try to do in my profile I end up on the same page.

Ian
      Ian

Comment

I do not understand how you end up on that page.
        Hopefully Robert can help.

flickr

Comment

I was having the same problem using Firefox switched to IE explorer and it worked ok
          Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

What a performance, I finally got it sorted, had lost all connection and could not even log in. Thankfully Robert came to the rescue.

The problem with the redirection whenever I tried to make a change in my profile was still there, so I have changed browser to Google Chrome, thanks for the tip 2Beers, I use a MAC and it was the same with the mac browser as well. All looks good now (So far).

Ian
            Ian

Comment

The problem is still there, the blog page is a direct link and I think that is where the problem is.

Ian
              Ian

Comment

One Avatar up and running...... welcome back.
                Colin

Comment

Admin sorted my log in problem, but I still cannot change or add anything to my profile for the same reason as original I am instantly taken to their page [http://www.eos-magazine-news.blogspot.co.uk] no matter what I do. This page shows up a a direct link, which I think is where the problem lies. I have cleared my cache to see if that will help, but it does not. I have also tried three different browser programmes to no avail.

Not sure what if anything can be done to cure this.

Ian
                  Ian

Comment

Ian,

Have you tried clearing 'temporary internet files' or even 'cookies'?
                    Bob Turner
                    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I think I have resolved the issue relating to the unwanted linking to the EOS newsblog. Is anyone still having this problem?
                      Robert
                      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks Robert seems to be ok now as tried it using firefox
                        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Ian - glad the avatar problem is sorted.

flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X