Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is something wrong with a photographic forum that can't accept images direct.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is something wrong with a photographic forum that can't accept images direct.

Afraid that I am a new member, and whilst I have been a subscriber to the magazine for several years I am afraid I am not overly impressed by the photographic forum.

Having to load images through a 3rd party sucks.

In this day and age of international hacking through many of the social networks, the less transfer of information from one network to another the better. This business of having to upload to Flickr and then upload across to EOS has knobs on it.

I am amazed that regular members put up the status quo and still keep offering posts, especially after having read all threads appertaining to uploading files.

I am a member of other forums and this problem is not prevalent anywhere else.

So come on guys, you have a really first class magazine, make this forum something else to be proud of.

Re: There is something wrong with a photographic forum that can't accept images direc

The forum is what the members make it. I don't often load images here, but use my own personal site, I think that this site offers great value for money, i.e. free, and with a minimum of advertising.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Re: There is something wrong with a photographic forum that can't accept images direc

You are not quite correct - the forum does accept images direct by way of the "insert image" icon but posting in this way does seem to degrade the image - I have no idea why but a while ago a couple of us experimented by uploading in this way side by side with the same image from photbucket or flickr and the latter posted at far better quality

There is nothing to stop you from uploading direct, just be aware that the quality may suffer and you will get comments like " looks a bit soft" etc

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Having to load images through a 3rd party sucks.
        You don't have to. If you prefer, you can upload directly from your computer. Just follow the instructions on the upload thread.
        Colin

Comment

I have uploaded two images directly from my computer and they appear to be "sharper" but small (See our free birds.... etc). I only hope that Robert is getting close to resolving the 503 issue.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
          X