Is it me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me?

I've been having a lot of trouble with my ISP lately (TalkTalk). Eventually they came to install a new router & things improved but I still experiences significant delays (30+ secs) loading some EOS Forum pages. Now I understand that the forum pages contain bit-rich images, but even then ....

So - is there a performance issue on the site or "Is it me"?
    Russell
    Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Re: Is it me?

No, it's not just you Russell. I'm with Zen Internet and their speeds are excellent, but over the last couple of days I've found this forum to be very slow at loading pages. No problem with any other sites that I visit.
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
    http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
    https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

There's must be some congestion somewhere as some sites (Yes, including this one) are s-l-o-w-e-r than normal and others are just as quick as normal. It may be the UK - Germany link?

Comment

I've got BT, and I've found the same with this forum also. All pages, not just large image pages. I also have no problem with other sites. It also seems a little inconsistent with this site too. Sometimes speed is fine, and sometimes dead slow.
        Garry Macdonald on Flickr
        Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

I am having the same problem. It has just taken me 5 minutes to get to this page.

Ian
          Ian

Comment

I'm having the same problem and its not just this forum 1 or 2 others are slow as well. I have noticed that sometimes it depends on the time of day as to how quick the forum is
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Same delay with me. I am with BT.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

When I last posted I was 6 foot tall and had black hair......
                Its all gone pear-shaped again

Comment

It may be the UK - Germany link?
                  Has Cameron upset Angela Merkel again
                  Russell
                  Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
                    When I last posted I was 6 foot tall and had black hair......
                    Its all gone pear-shaped again

Comment

Originally posted by Columbarius View Post
                      Has Cameron upset Angela Merkel again
                      That's funny!
                      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Not just you. With BT infinity and the forum as been slow. To check - just in case someone as deccided to turn off the router I opened a new tab and loaded a google search and that went like the clappers. I also watched a photo video with no lag. Problem just seemed to be here.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

I've noticed a slow down but only this evening and only via a PC. My phone seems to be OK which seems strange as it uses the same router
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Me too. Was very slow this afternoon. All other sites seemed fine so it wasn't my ISP.
                            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

No one has posted that the speed now seems to be back to normal - but I guess there is no mileage in good news.
                              Robert
                              robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X