Server Unavailable error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Unavailable error message

I often get an error message, 'Server Unavailable' when trying to post a thread after previewing it.
    I find I need to delete what I've started and create the thread from scratch.
    I can work around it but it is annoying.
    Andy

Re: Server Unavailable error message

What browser are you using?
    ef-r

Comment

Safari on a Mac, does not happen all the time but is annoying.
      Andy

Comment

Getting this as well on Firefox (win7), same thing, preview gives me the error message and after that I cannot post a thing.
        EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

various flash guns & modifiers

Comment

I can post a text reply, but attempting to start a new thread with a pic gets me
          "503 Service Unavailable" with the text

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

This has been the case for several days. I am using Win 8.1, Pale Moon / Firefox browser.
          See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_Ekert View Post
            Getting this as well on Firefox (win7), same thing, preview gives me the error message and after that I cannot post a thing.
            This evening I had the same. I can't post a thing on the forum because of the "Server Unavailable error message".
            With kind regards,
            Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

Yes I'm afraid the dreaded 503 issue is back. In my case with a vengeance. Something must have changed. But what?
              Russell
              Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

I'm using Win 8.1 and IE11 and all that I get is, "this webpage has caused a problem", IE closes and then reopens at the same page.
                Bob Turner
                Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Bawbee View Post
                  I'm using Win 8.1 and IE11 and all that I get is, "this webpage has caused a problem", IE closes and then reopens at the same page.
                  Have you tried a different browser? I use Firefox.
                  Robert
                  robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                    To be quite honest Robert, I am not complaining. I don't have many times where I receive an error message, in IE or Safari (on iPad) and, when I do, it sorts itself out in no time. The reason for my post was as an indication to others only.
                    Bob Turner
                    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                      I use FF too and just got the message when trying to save after editing my signature. So I tried IE and it worked fine. Sounds like something to do with the login session.
                      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

So I went back to FF and could see my updated signature. Then I tried to update it again in FF and again got the server unavailable message. So I left the browser open but logged out in the forum then logged back in again and successfully edited my sig without getting the error.

So if you get this error try logging out and then logging back in again within the forum i.e. use the log out button top right.

Comment

That's fine Lee but do you realise that most will then struggle to remember their password?
                          Bob Turner
                          Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I just got this again when editing my signature and this time logging out and back in did not work but switching from FF to IE did. So what's different when switching browsers? Cache / temp folder perhaps?

Comment

I too had this for quite a while yesterday, running OS X 10.9, error on Safari and FF. I logged out, logged in, re-booted, tried different browser, no joy for hours, then it worked!

Looks like the 503 is creeping back in!

M
                              flickr
                              5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Working...
                              X