New member - a bit perplexed!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member - a bit perplexed!?

Hello all. Been a member for only a few days, so still very new here. I am a member of other similar forums on other topics of interest so thought this might be a good place to hang about and maybe learn more about my second favourite hobby. But, to be honest, I'm finding it all a bit confusing. There are around 50 different places to ask questions/place posts -so, could I just suggest this might be too many? Amalgamating a few might simplify the decision re where to place new threads, focus the minds of those interested in responding and, if we weren't spread so thin, garner more responses.

Re: New member - a bit perplexed!?

Originally posted by Clickclock View Post
    Hello all. Been a member for only a few days, so still very new here. I am a member of other similar forums on other topics of interest so thought this might be a good place to hang about and maybe learn more about my second favourite hobby. But, to be honest, I'm finding it all a bit confusing. There are around 50 different places to ask questions/place posts -so, could I just suggest this might be too many? Amalgamating a few might simplify the decision re where to place new threads, focus the minds of those interested in responding and, if we weren't spread so thin, garner more responses.
    Hi and Welcome !
    It's very straight forward and you'll soon pick it up ! I find other sites far more confusing and not as friendly so just post here if unsure and someone will put you right ! I should have said post in general section !!
    Cheers
    Graham
    Last edited by Longshot; 06-01-2014, 21:47. Reason: Added info'
    Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Comment

If you're not sure, just post in General Photo Discussions.
      Bob Turner
      Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

If you're not sure, just post in General Photo Discussions.
        thats the place

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

To be honest, I wouldn't get too bothered by posting into the 'perfect' forum. Yes, many questions or examples could go into more than one, but they won't be missed since I believe that most regulars come in via 'Latest Posts' rather than browsing to specific topics, so we'll see it wherever it has gone. In fact I wouldn't even notice where you'd put it. The important thing for me is to use a meaningful title to draw people in.
          That said, 'Latest Posts' doesn't pick up posts from the EOS Pub, so I wouldn't post a question into there.
          Anyway, welcome and enjoy.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

We all end up talking about the same things anyway. Usually burning issues around lenses and bodies lol.
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
            X