Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new members section

I see we have a new members section ! but its empty

The idea I presume is for new member to introduce themselves giving some details about themselves and there interests, but don't you think it looks a bit lonely sat there with nothing in it ? How about we all kick start the section by all introducing ourselves?

If everyone was game I think it should rightly start with the members by posting numbers / time on the forum as a sign of respect to those that have contributed so much to the place

I think it would be an ideal place to put a sticky posting about posting up images, offering feedback to others and using flickr
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Re: new members section

I would rather let the new members to come in here- introducing themselves rather than saturate this new thread with the "oldies"!!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

when you say saturate Nat that implies it would have loads of postings when in reality if all active members posted here there would be maybe 15 postings ? - also if you were new to forum wouldn't you like to read about current members - and last its an empty section, no one wants to be the first let alone a new member

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

I don't know Ian. I am sure there are more than 15 active members. If one new member comes in there will be others to follow suit. I am sure if we send a PM or two to some of the new members,whom we know from what they have mentioned, it might start the ball rolling. I would also like to see the "new members" section to be just that- for new members & returning members.
        Last edited by Nathaniel; 10-02-2015, 14:22.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Reading this thread prompted me to have a look at the "join date."

My join date even predates Nat's!
          Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
            I see we have a new members section ! but its empty
            Not now it isn't

Dave
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
              Not now it isn't

Dave
              yeahhhh - I still think other members should introduce themselves

Comment

I think the older/existing members can introduce themselves by giving some details about themselves in the members section under "about me". To introduce oneself in the new member section should be for "new members" and then they can enter more details under the members section under "about me". Doing it this way, makes it ALWAYS possible for any member to click on the member's posting name, which takes one to the appropriate member's section and can look up further details under "about me". I have done just that since I joined in 2010, without giving meaningless cryptic,mysterious, comments. Any one can see what I am and what I did for a living etc etc.
                Last edited by Nathaniel; 10-02-2015, 23:18.

Comment

Oooh, maybe I should fill in the 'about me' then.... I usually have a couple of years at least on a forum before I put anything useful in those, lol
                  Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X