Vanishing posts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanishing posts!!!!

Recently I have noticed that some of my posts are vanishing! At first I considered that I was forgetting to do something, until today when I posted a comment to a members pic, read it on the forum and went back to it later and guess, NO Comment!
    Alun

Re: Vanishing posts!!!!

I've had that happen very occasionally and I am not sure why. I assumed it was something I did wrong.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

This has happened to me..all I can think of is I forgot to click on post quick reply before I left the post.

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

It 'happened to me this morning

I responded to other threads and I tried to post my photographs, and having done all the work and given a confirmation ok ... everything is vanished

Probably my photos were really bad and the system refused to let her see

We hope that this Reply remains :tongue:
        Last edited by Shotobass; 08-05-2011, 09:28.

Comment

Yeah ive noticed weird stuff too, like compred to other vb4.1 forums the setup is a little different. For instance, if i make a post in a thread in other forums i instantly become subscribed and it then appears in my control panel as a subscribed thread. Where as hear yiu have to manually subscribe each thread you want updates from.
          Also if you go to latest posts or new posts it should display the latest post in order of last replied but i was the last to reply it wont be on the list. If some one else then replies it will appear as unread in both my CP and in new posts Its seems that it auto clears read threads and only displays unread.

Comment

I’m sure it’s not the software that’s checking the quality of the contribution and any pictures attached. Otherwise all my posts would vanish into the hole most black.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
              I’m sure it’s not the software that’s checking the quality of the contribution and any pictures attached. Otherwise all my posts would vanish into the hole most black.
              YAY a result then MX5... no more of those rubbish pano's you keep posting from you meanderings around the "oop north" countryside....:tongue:
              David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
                YAY a result then MX5... no more of those rubbish pano's you keep posting from you meanderings around the "oop north" countryside....:tongue:
                Nah - you don't escape pano's that easily

Comment

I just wish I could get mine to look a quarter as good as yours.

Downloaded ICE yesterday after your comments and it appears to give as good a result as PS CS5 with much simpler operation.

David
                  David

Comment

The truth is ... it's not really my skill as a photographer ... it's the hard work and skill needed to get to some of the places I get to.

But after CS5, Canon's own panorama software, etc (all of which I've tried) ... I find ICE makes a very good job ... and its easy to use.

Strange but true - I don't think I've actually had a post vanish ... but given my memory and age I doubt I'd remember

Comment

Working...
                    X