Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum issues after December 2019 update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm strange, this is a screen capture from page 5 of the latest topics image_15109.pngI can see your post and "leeperry" photo post. On page 2 there is Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 21.19.25.png a post from "stockman"

If you are referring to Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 21.19.44.png The blue means there are unread posts in that "forum / sub forum" - the grey mean all posts have been read.

Not sure you have to do / clear anything for it to work - it does here on Safari / Firefox logged in as an admin / a normal user or logged out.

Comment

I have attached a screenshot from my Latest Activities display (on an iPad)

Stackmans picture is timed at 16.57 today, it is missing from my display!

Where do we go from here?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

There are several posts missing based on that screenshot from any of my devices here. Are you running any ad-blocking systems or content blocking systems on your browsers?

Comment

Not that I’m aware of or can see. All my browser settings are unchanged, they are the same now as they were before the update and all was ok then, Nothing additional has been added either.
          Last edited by Farider; 30-12-2019, 23:46.
          Ian

Comment

I am suddenly finding a lot of channels showing the blue "Unread posts" flag, when there are in fact no unread posts.

Using the "Mark channels read" button does not seem to change this.
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
              I am suddenly finding a lot of channels showing the blue "Unread posts" flag, when there are in fact no unread posts.

Using the "Mark channels read" button does not seem to change this.
              Nothing has changed on the forum over the last few days, and at the moment here it appears to be working as it should - only forums/channels with new posts have the blue marking. You could try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps.

Comment

Has there been any progress on my issue of missing posts in the Latest Activity folder please?
                Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Farider View Post
                  Has there been any progress on my issue of missing posts in the Latest Activity folder please?
                  Sorry no, as the issue now appears to be user specific unlike the initial issue where it was only looking at topics posted since the update, finding the cause may take some time and ultimately may never be resolved. I've checked your user settings and they are identical to other standard users.

If you are not using any ad-blockers or content filters only thing I can suggest is trying to clear the browser cache to see if that helps but I'm not convinced it will.

The other thing to check would be if you have any users in your "ignore list", as its possible if so their posts wouldn't show up. You can check this by clicking on your username very top right of the page, down to "User Settings" then the Account Tab - then at the bottom of the page is your ignore list.
                  Last edited by MartinEOS; 31-12-2019, 19:07. Reason: Added an extra paragraph of information

Comment

What on earth is everyone going on about over the last 38 postings. You can post a picture, get comments on it, then in my case after its been up a week or so, post a thank you to those who commented. Likewise you can post a comment for anyone else who posted a picture.
                    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Martin, Is the bit at the bottom where we used to put My Gear and/ or My Website the signature ?

If so I think someone asked about this a few days ago............... Did you manage to get them back ?

Also -there is no consistency in the orange bars which presumably refer to number of posts. Quite understand that most of us mortals have no stripes but Colin C with 12,000 posts has 2 stripes and Stan, veteran of 30,000 has none !
                      Last edited by lunarbo; 31-12-2019, 17:41.
                      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
                        Martin, Is the bit at the bottom where we used to put My Gear and/ or My Website the signature ?

If so I think someone asked about this a few days ago............... Did you manage to get them back ?

Also -there is no consistency in the orange bars which presumably refer to number of posts. Quite understand that most of us mortals have no stripes but Colin C with 12,000 posts has 2 stripes and Stan, veteran of 30,000 has none !
                        Signatures are working for me as and Admin and a normal user - and for not logged in users, its possible that they are turned off for your user - click on your name at the very top right of the page, select "User Settings" then go to the "Account" tab - about 1/2 way down there is a "Conversation Detail Options" section - there are options to to display or not display the signatures - as well as the option to add / edit it.

According to the "help file" the orange bars are nothing directly to do with number of posts - they represent "reputation" each bar represents 100 reputation points - it doesn't say what you get reputation points for though - which is un helpful

Looking a bit further it appears to be based on not only number of posts, but length of time registered on the Forum, and several other things - number of "liked" posts etc.

Comment

Thank you Martin,I have got the signatures back plus discovered I was on the wrong time zone!

As to my reputation, sir, this is obviously sullied- along with 99% of other posters on here

Comment

Could you please write us a new Idiot's Guide to Uploading from Flickr? I see I'm not the only one who cannot use the new format.

Comment

• MartinEOS
                              MartinEOS commented
                              Editing a comment
                              As I don't use Flickr I will have to let others who do, give an explanation of how it works now. From earlier posts when the forum re-opened just before Christmas people said it was pretty much the same as before for posting Flickr images.

Having problems accessing the "Notifications". I have 2 notifications but can not access them.
                            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                              Having problems accessing the "Notifications". I have 2 notifications but can not access them.
                              What happens when you click on the Notifications tab at the top?

Comment

Working...
                              X