Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum issues after December 2019 update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartinEOS View Post

What happens when you click on the Notifications tab at the top?
    It takes me to a page https://www.eos-magazine-forum.com/privatemessage/index but that page is blank, no headers or anything.
    It is the same blank page (and address) when I click on "go to message centre" in messages .
    Last edited by Hereford_EOS; 06-01-2020, 09:55.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

It was very useful with the previous software, to be able to 'collapse' sections of the forum that were not of direct interest, for example the 'Classified Adverts' section. I guess the new software doesn't have provision for this facility?
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
        It was very useful with the previous software, to be able to 'collapse' sections of the forum that were not of direct interest, for example the 'Classified Adverts' section. I guess the new software doesn't have provision for this facility?
        Sorry that facility was only available on Version 4 of vBulletin, with the changes in structure for Version 5 it's no longer possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post

It takes me to a page https://www.eos-magazine-forum.com/privatemessage/index but that page is blank, no headers or anything.
          It is the same blank page (and address) when I click on "go to message centre" in messages .
          What browser are you using? Can you have another look and note the time you looked, I will have a look at the error logs to see if anything has been logged - normally a blank white page is due to an error occurring.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinEOS View Post

What browser are you using? Can you have another look and note the time you looked, I will have a look at the error logs to see if anything has been logged - normally a blank white page is due to an error occurring.
            I have two browsers, one is the old Internet Explorer 11 the other is Microsoft Edge (up to date), I run Windows 10 o/s (up to date).
            The same happened earlier today (09.48) and the same now (22.23).

flickr

Comment

I am now able to access the notifications (23.53).
              Thank you Martin.

flickr

Comment

Hi there....I'm not entirely sure I'm in the right place on the Forum but I do have an issue which I would appreciate some advice on please. I have just updated (2 weeks) my MAC OS to the latest version which is Catalina. It has disabled most of my EOS Utilities which I rely on the download and inspect images. For example I cannot get a download for Image Browser which is my preferred option when downloading RAW files. I understand that the Canon software is 32 but whereas Mac Catalina is 63 bit. I'm just a photographer so naturally these details sometimes confuse me.
                Any help is very much appreciated especially if there is a way around this problem.
                Thanks in advance
                John Boyd

Comment

Sorry about my message tailing off......not sure what happened but what I meant to indicate is that Canon is 32 bit whereas Mac Catalina is 64

Comment

Originally posted by John Boyd View Post
                    Hi there....I'm not entirely sure I'm in the right place on the Forum but I do have an issue which I would appreciate some advice on please. I have just updated (2 weeks) my MAC OS to the latest version which is Catalina. It has disabled most of my EOS Utilities which I rely on the download and inspect images. For example I cannot get a download for Image Browser which is my preferred option when downloading RAW files. I understand that the Canon software is 32 but whereas Mac Catalina is 63 bit. I'm just a photographer so naturally these details sometimes confuse me.
                    Any help is very much appreciated especially if there is a way around this problem.
                    Thanks in advance
                    John Boyd
                    Mac OS Catalina has dropped all support for the older 32 bit applications and drivers. You can no only use 64 bit software, I had a quick look and it appears most of the Canon software has been updated to work on Catalina - try going to https://www.canon-europe.com/support/ in the box type your camera model and see if there are up to date Catalina drivers / software available, if there is you can download them although you will need the serial number from the camera to get them.

Comment

I am now able to access the notifications (23.53).
                      Thank you Martin.
                      The logs showed the scripts were running out of memory when you viewed that page - I guess you have more subscribed posts and things it keeps track of than the majority of users. I increased the memory allocation a little so pleased it seems to have fixed the problem.

Comment

I got this earlier today (screen shot).

eosmagforum.jpg

flickr

Comment

I got this earlier today (screen shot).

eosmagforum.jpg
                          I had the same issue today
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

This is part of the server protection system, if it detects the server is getting heavily loaded, it will temporarily restrict access reducing the load. There is a script which runs at regular intervals to clean things up in the background and sometimes it times-out when running which then temporarily causes the server to go into a "busy state". I'm adjusting various configuration settings to hopefully eliminate this issue.

Comment

I have intermittently lost all access to the forum since your last post at 16.51, is this part of the same issue?

Ian
                              Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Yes - forum was being visited by lots of bots based in China yesterday causing a high usage spike - hopefully most have now been blocked I will be adding several more web crawlers to the blocked list as well, as a few of them are constantly indexing the forum and not likely to be used - these appear to have been causing a majority of the issues previously.

It took a while for the hosting company to identify the cause and restart the server - this happened about 03:30 this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X