This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locations

Why don’t people put the location in the title?
    It’s supposed to be “Interesting places to visit for photography” which is what I am looking for, but very few titles seem to do this, for example Bluebell Wood, Wire Sculpture and Trerice House . Two of them are are a collection of photographs which could be anywhere, and the the third needs a Google search to find the location when the added word “Cornwall” would have helped greatly.

Bluebell Wood is adjacent to my property, if you like to come next year and photograph you are most welcome. All we ask is you make a substantial donation to the Royal Marines Charity
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
      Bluebell Wood is adjacent to my property, if you like to come next year and photograph you are most welcome. All we ask is you make a substantial donation to the Royal Marines Charity
      Thanks, but it is locations I am looking for and what I would expect according to the title of the page.

Comment

I find it slightly paradoxical and comical that someone who has volunteered to be labelled as idlelayabout criticises members for not making the extra effort to indicate location specifics.
        ...and how specific should it be anyway...surely a county isn’t much help as that narrows it down to 200square miles or so...10 digit grid ref, whar3words perhaps?
        a quick google search is all that’s needed.

however as a suggestion it’s quite valid I think.

Anyway, idlelayabout, I’m sure you won’t be put off posting some images here....no offence intended....all the best!
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by idlelayabout View Post
          It’s supposed to be “Interesting places to visit for photography” which is what I am looking for, but very few titles seem to do this, for example Bluebell Wood, Wire Sculpture and Trerice House . Two of them are are a collection of photographs which could be anywhere, and the the third needs a Google search to find the location when the added word “Cornwall” would have helped greatly.
          Well, that's me put in my place then isn't it!

I'm afraid I don't see it as my responsibility to make life easy for Idlelayabouts.
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Well actually, having looked again at the Locations threads, I think the vast majority do- either with an enquiry ( "I'm going there next month- any tips?") or a recommendation ("I went there and it was amazing" ).

Do you have a specific location in mind that you wanted some information on? If so please ask rather than grumbling and putting people's backs up

I find it sad that you've been a member for over 10 years and this is the only thing that's moved you to post !

Please say hello in the New Members columns, tell us a bit about yourself and hopefully give us a better name to call you than ILB
            Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Oh well, I tried. I haven't bothered to post, thinking that people here were a bit more friendly and intelligent. Seems that I was wrong. Perhaps Locations could be renamed to see my pretty pictures instead.

Comment

This thread is now closed.
                Robert
                robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
                X