Is there a problem with the site again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a problem with the site again

Just noticed that comments numbers are not being displayed, although they appear in the thread. Example, tigerburnies @Local Harbour Scene posting shows no responses, when in fact there is one by me. My Avocet posting shows no responses, when in fact there are three.
    It matters not to me, but a lot of people like to see how many likes they get to a posting - its important to them. Some have left the site recently because they considered they were not getting enough.
    Also there's strange messages coming up again when you try to post.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

I've discovered that occasionally the server is running out of allocated PHP memory for the forums (the V5.6.3 uses considerably changed code from previous versions and appears to require more memory to do the same things in previous versions) I've updated the memory allocated to the site, hopefully once that's taken effect the errors should disappear.

I will have a look at the "likes" issue once the errors have been fixed on posting, I would imagine it will need a rebuild of the post indexes / statistics - which takes several hours and will probably fail if it runs out of memory during it.

Comment

The forum is now showing the increased memory allocation is now active, so hopefully the posting errors should be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinEOS View Post
        I've discovered that occasionally the server is running out of allocated PHP memory for the forums (the V5.6.3 uses considerably changed code from previous versions and appears to require more memory to do the same things in previous versions) I've updated the memory allocated to the site, hopefully once that's taken effect the errors should disappear.

I will have a look at the "likes" issue once the errors have been fixed on posting, I would imagine it will need a rebuild of the post indexes / statistics - which takes several hours and will probably fail if it runs out of memory during it.
        MartinEOS thank you for your dedication to making this forum work. very much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Martin, all Double Dutch to me but I'm sure you are right
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
          X