Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorting New Topics on the forum

I started a topic yesterday...fungi....but it doesn't show when I select
    New Topics..(from the button under forums)..and then filter by Date-started post

The posts seem to be in date order....obviously users are not seeing my post (only one has in this case) ....and I'm not seeing others...?

what am I doing wrong? .....I can't see the answer in the help section>
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

I don’t think that you are doing anything wrong Brian, it seems to be the behaviour of New Topics (NT). I’ve noticed that if I’ve started a topic it doesn’t seem to show in NT. It might be how it works as once you view a topic listed under NT it then disappears on refresh (presumably as its not new to you). If you generate a topic the same rule may apply, you’ve already seen it (as you generated it) so its not shown. Maybe admin can advise?

I did see your post yesterday, just didn’t get round to responding (have now!)

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

I have not found anything in the vBulletin manual about this, but I think Farider is correct. Once you have viewed a New Topic, it is no longer new and disappears off your New Topics list - though remains visible to other members. 'Fungi' is back on my New Topics list because it has received another reply.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Ok...Thanks for this...it seemed odd that a few people had found it but invisible to me...no problem

hope you have a good week...
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
        X