Software update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software update

I've just installed the latest update to the vBulletin software, if you spot any issues or weirdness let me know by replying to this message.

Hi Martin - there has been a change to the viewing of images - whereas clicking on one of my images hosted on Flickr used to take you direct to the image on Flick, now all I get is a blank screen.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Martin, agree with John, I've found this too
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Concur with that

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Hi,

I've just checked one of the flickr images, if you click on the photo then it displays a blank image, but if you click on the red text at the bottom of the image it displays as I assume it should - do you agree? If this is the case I will do a bit of investigation on the possible cause, there were a few changes to the way images are stored in the last update, but I wouldn't have thought it would have affected linked images.

Comment

Yes Martin that seems to work - Problem solved! Many Thanks
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

It appears they have "broken" external image links in the latest version of the software, I will have a look tomorrow to see if there is a fix / workaround.

Comment

Does anyone else get issue with 'phantom new posts'?... By this I mean forums indicating that there's a new post to read (I assume that's what the blue colour means) yet when you open it there isn't... Even more oddly this can happen to a whole section - all the sub forums indicate new posts yet none have any. Another oddity is all the sub forums in a section showing new posts and when you read the only one that actually has a new post the whole section gets marked as read... Weird or what?....
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

It appears to happen at times, when you are auto-logged in, as in being able to visit the site, with your login details being remembered and not having to actually login. There are occasions when there appears to be an "intermediate" state before fully logged in, but it happens too infrequently to actually catch what is causing it. It has been reported by several people over different versions of vBulletin V5 with no cause or fix found.

Comment

Ain't computers wonderful...
                    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                    X